Changes at dsr pro stock bike team (1 Viewer)

I hope Matt gets the ride. Hopefully he can work it into his deal that he can get his TF license while there, as we all know that is where Matt wants to be eventually ...

best of luck angelle, i loved seeing you and george back together this year, it would be cool if you can re-unite agian in 09. whateverteam you land on good luck to you, and hows little andrew doing? i hope very well!

Thanks Guys and Girls.... We all know that Don has a great team.... Anybody in the world would ride his stuff if given the opportunity... Don, Steve, Tom and Jason have been around for a long time and have a solid team... It will be my honor to ride for them... It takes alot of money to run against the Harley team, Factory S&S, and DSR... I just could not do it again on the budget that I previously had.... Hope everyone supports me on here.... Thanks Matt Smith

You have my support Matt. And I hope Angelle has an opportunity for next year to. Best of luck to both of you. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. JJ

Matt+Angelle-thank you for coming on + posting.
I wish everybody could afford to run their own bikes like the old days. Too many good guys (and gals!) getting their fates choosen for them for "business reasons." :mad:

Thanks Cheryl! I'll stop in again later if I have any new news for you guys. For now I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has shown me support over the last 13 years. You guys and gals have definitely made the rough times a lot easier for me. If I don't race next year, at least the haters might leave me alone for a little while. ;) LOL!

All kidding aside. You guys really are awesome fans and friends.
Take care and I wish you all a blessed and very Merry Christmas!!!

Sincerely,
Angelle

Best wishes to you and yours for 2009. Say hi to Bayou Black for me!

Signed,

Stuck in Maryland, and still missing my Grand Maw-Maw's boudin.

Dog Gone!! It seems every time I visit here or Competition Plus or various other drag sites it seems like someone has lost a ride or a team has lost a sponsor and won't be racing!!
There are way too many good drivers that will be on the sidelines next year.
Tis the season to be Jolly?????

Dog Gone!! It seems every time I visit here or Competition Plus or various other drag sites it seems like someone has lost a ride or a team has lost a sponsor and won't be racing!!
There are way too many good drivers that will be on the sidelines next year.
Tis the season to be Jolly?????

Yeah, this SUCKS any way you slice it. I would gladly trade any and all Christmas gifts for just ONE of these pro driver/riders to land a major sponsorship that'll keep them on track. NHRA Drag Racing is the only sport I even follow anymore. Never was into stick and ball sports, just racing. 8-10 car fuel fields and all these good PSM riders sitting on the sidelines isn't even going to be worth going to a National Event to watch if this crap keeps up. :rolleyes:

Good luck next year Matt at DSR! Angelle I wish you well in finding a new ride for next year, I am sure you will end up doing something which will make you happy. Happy Holidays to the both of you.

My thanks to Matt and Angelle for stopping by and giving us the straight scoop. Best wishes to you both for a blessed Christmas and a happy New Year. Question for Angelle and/or Matt if you guys have time to answer it sometime:

Talk is anywhere from 10 to 12 Top Fuel teams only being able to make the full 24 race season--what kind of numbers do you guys expect in PSB with all the fallout? Are the bikes also in danger of not being able to muster full fields? Just curious.

And Angelle, how about a PS ride?? Give the Cunninghams a call--you could be first in line when their present driver doesn't work out!:D (Damn, did I say that out loud???);)

Congrats Matt, it will be strange seeing you on a Suzuki, best of luck for sure.
Best wishes to you and yours for 2009. Say hi to Bayou Black for me!

Signed,
Stuck in Maryland, and still missing my Grand Maw-Maw's boudin.
Wow Chris, I grew up on Bayou Black, just outside of Houma, I love going back there to visit.
Lance,
What's a Cajun doing in Texas? LOL

Thanks for the support!
I'm still not sure myself? Enjoying the BBQ I guess. :D
I do know that Austin is the only place that I would live in Texas, I'm still a diehard Saints fan though, that will never die! By the way Angelle, I'm the guy that told you in Ennis this fall, to come back to the Mater and just ignore the haters. Thanks for posting again.

-Lance

I do know that Austin is the only place that I would live in Texas, I'm still a diehard Saints fan though, that will never die! By the way Angelle, I'm the guy that told you in Ennis this fall, to come back to the Mater and just ignore the haters. Thanks for posting again.

-Lance

Lance,
I remember that. Btw,.. I always say if I ever move from the swamp, Austin is where I am going.

To the question about the PS ride or any other class. I'd drive anything, but unfortuntely there are so many drivers out of a job right now in all of the classes it's going to be a tough year for everybody. I have some other issues going on as well that are costing me a lot of money on top of the unemployment issue, so I am sorry to say that I am having to pull out of my adoption process. If you guys get a chance, check out my blog later this week on NHRA.COM. I have to finish writing it but I will update you all on what's happening with everything. Thanks for the positive words you guys are posting here. It helps!!

back at ya later!

Angelle

Lance,
I remember that. Btw,.. I always say if I ever move from the swamp, Austin is where I am going.

To the question about the PS ride or any other class. I'd drive anything, but unfortuntely there are so many drivers out of a job right now in all of the classes it's going to be a tough year for everybody. I have some other issues going on as well that are costing me a lot of money on top of the unemployment issue, so I am sorry to say that I am having to pull out of my adoption process. If you guys get a chance, check out my blog later this week on NHRA.COM. I have to finish writing it but I will update you all on what's happening with everything. Thanks for the positive words you guys are posting here. It helps!!

back at ya later!

Angelle

Best of luck Angelle! Remember, the good Lord doesn't give us more than we can handle, even though it doesn't always seem to be the case.
You've always been a great ambassador of the sport and I appreciate you taking the time to shoot straight with us.
Have a Merry Christmas also.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back