Brainerd LODRS Pics (1 Viewer)

Just Paul

Nitro Member
Shot up to BIR today for the Division 5 race, and took some pics. I'm no pro, cheap camera, it is what it is...lol

Cy Chesterman ran 5.70 but had a pretty good boom at 1100 feet and launched the burstpanel.
P5240484.jpg

P5240483.jpg

P5240482.jpg

P5240481.jpg

Scott Murary ran a career best 5.39 266
P5240480.jpg

Cool Top Sportsman
P5240479.jpg

Diana Harker ran a very nice career best 5.30, but it looked to me like it got a little hot on the big end they had to sit out session 2 today.
P5240478.jpg

Moats ran 5.61 Low ET
P5240477.jpg

Last edited:
Paul Anderson has a very nice set up.
P5240476.jpg

P5240475.jpg

P5240474.jpg

We had Top Drageter in the house too-- This guy don't mess around!
P5240473.jpg

Too bad this puppy was not running
P5240472.jpg

P5240471.jpg

P5240470.jpg

And for all you campers, Bud Corner has been taken away, there is a dirt road now going right though it.
P5240485.jpg

Paul,

Sure, the one year I don't make it to the LODRS race at BIR, you do! Oh well, I'll be there in August...... be sure to bring your spare liver! :D

Is your new (last year's) camp site still there.... or did they wreck that too?

Thanks for the pictures.

Brian. :)

Paul,
was nice seeing you and your wife yesterday.
thanks for pic of top sportsman chevelle - great looking car.

from the BIR brochure, there will be a bridge built
over the new roadrace section, apparently separating 'controlled' camping
from 'out of control' camping???
will be interesting to see what the crowd control plans are in august.

Mike, what time did you leave? I didn't see you in the pits, or in the stands after the first session.

Mike, what time did you leave? I didn't see you in the pits, or in the stands after the first session.
yeah, i was looking for you too. we were in pits behind
tower for a while and then at end of large bleachers for 2nd rnd.(top corner)
left around 5:30. amazing we didn't see each other again; there
weren't too many folks spectating yesterday.

Last edited:
Looks like they want to kill every tree in the place. Shade will be hard to find anymore.:confused:

Hey Paul, next time your in the house, come introduce yourself to me. Not sure if we have met or not?? That's me leaning over shooting cars on the line. Not my best side. LOL

As far as Bud Corner is concerned, it will still be there, just set back a little farther south of where it was. Once all the work is done in the infield with new buildings for new inside road course that is needed. It will be even better then it was. Give us time. Things will be okay. If you noticed the area that was taken up by the snowmobile track was leveled this past week. it will be seeded and mostly returned back into camping for Natl's again.

Jed & Kristi are bending over backwards to make BIR one of the best drag strip's and road couse's in the country.

The track needs these improvements to allow more double events to be held.

That means, you will be able to come for the drags and watch cars or bikes go around the road course on the same weekend. How cool is that???

Check out photos from last weekends LODRS event.
Eagle Eye Photography

Barry Bergeron
BIR Track Photographer
Division Five NHRA & National Dragster Photographer
Eagle Eye Photography

Great pictures, guys. :)

I just returned from Brainerd today, so I'll be editing my pics tonight. In the meantime, here's Roger Bateman on his way to recording a 5.69 @ 250.

2519444539_1e6c21052d.jpg

Last edited:
OK, now I'm totally bummed. I forgot about the fact this was going on at BIR and I was a mere 40 miles away at the cabin on Mille Lacs. Crap, you Minnesota guys need to remind me about these things, LOL.

Conditions must have been pretty decent for racing. Thanks for sharing the photos Paul.

A lot of changes and new stuff at BIR, and all good that I could see. There's now a pretty large full service bar just north of the condos called Bada Boom. They were showing the Indy 500 inside for anyone who wanted something to do during the rain delay Sunday.

Traffic out of Brainerd sucked today (Monday). It looked like half of Minneapolis spent the weekend in the Brainerd Lakes area. The traffic light in Royalton had traffic backed up for 10 miles on 371!

Too bad this puppy was not running
P5240472.jpg

This looks like the car I drove at bandimere last week..but without the engine....and the oil on my face;)..but without the full body panels...! Glad you got a chance to attend the LODRS event Pauly! Wish i could have been competing there!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back