Old pics posted. Tell me what you think. (1 Viewer)

Ok this is bothering me...LOL.. been thinking.

Gary Southern drove Bill Dunlaps Tempo, in 1984 I remember that. I think Ron Correnti drove for Dunlap in 85 and 86, but it was a Thunderbird.

Correnti got rear ended by Dave Uyehara in a terrible crash at the Winters in 86.. I guess I don't remember the car running after that.

Last edited:
Those are great! I haven't seen many pictures of Rickie Smith's Mustang, Must be about 1981 or 82?

The Thunderbolt on the page 4, i can't make out the lettering but looks like maybe SS/C, could that be Dallas Kelly?

Don't you miss the days of standing just off the course watching those cars go by? Never happen again...:rolleyes:

It's amazing how far this sport has come, Pro's pitting in Grass. Try telling John Force he has to park his rig in grass today!:D

Ok this is bothering me...LOL.. been thinking.

Gary Southern drove Bill Dunlaps Tempo, in 1984 I remember that. I think Ron Correnti drove for Dunlap in 85 and 86, but it was a Thunderbird.

Correnti got rear ended by Dave Uyehara in a terrible crash at the Winters in 86.. I guess I don't remember the car running after that.

That just could be Steve Hodkinson after all.

I am 99.5% sure it is Gary Southern.

Ok.. I figured it out.. I had to go deep in the memory bank. Something kept bugging me about this one. It's not Steve Hodkinson, or Gary Southern.

It's the last, or close to the last Custom Body funny car. Paul Smith driving, final answer.

I oringinally thought it might have been Paul Smith, I think he went to the semi finals in Brainerd in 85, so I'd buy that it was him.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back