Old pics posted. Tell me what you think. (1 Viewer)

mach9

Nitro Member
After 2 years of thinking about it, I finally took the time to scan all of my old racing photos. Most of them are from the mid seventies, but some are from around '86. All of my descriptions may not be accurate, so correct me if they're not. Also, apologies for the poor quality, but these are 30 year old prints of pics taken by a 14? year old kid with a 5 dollar camera. I'm just glad I still have them. Enjoy, and I'd appreciate your comments. MJ

MySpace.com - mack - 47 - Male - Godwin, North Carolina - www.myspace.com/maco347

Go to pics, then "old drag pics"

Great shots Mack, thanks for posting them.

The picture of the Funny Car doing a burnout on the first page with the caption of "not sure who" looks like John Force's Wendy's Hamburger car. :)

Hey Mac...Love the photo's. I think the UNKNOWN FUELER on page 3 is Connie Kalitta! Hope things are cool in N. Carolina!!!

Timmah!

In the first picture of the cars burning out the car in the near lane is Mark Oswald, I think the car in the far lane is Steve Hodkinson, but I'm not positive. I know the other car is Oswald though.

In the first picture of the cars burning out the car in the near lane is Mark Oswald, I think the car in the far lane is Steve Hodkinson, but I'm not positive. I know the other car is Oswald though.

Oswald is in the near lane. I am pretty sure the other car is Gary Southern. There is a better shot of the car in one of the other photo's. I am 99% sure it is Southern.

In one of the other photos there is a Mustan FC doinga burnout and the caption says "Chi Town Hustler I think.." I am pretty sure that car is the LA HOOKER.

Oswald is in the near lane. I am pretty sure the other car is Gary Southern. There is a better shot of the car in one of the other photo's. I am 99% sure it is Southern.

In one of the other photos there is a Mustan FC doinga burnout and the caption says "Chi Town Hustler I think.." I am pretty sure that car is the LA HOOKER.

yea its definitely not the Chi-Town.....we never had a yellow car....some good pics though

Good shots!!!

The burnout pair is 100% Mark Oswald Candies & Hughes vs. pretty sure Gary Southern in Bill Dunlaps Capt'n Crazy Daytona.

Steve Hodkinson is a good guess.

The one shot is the Bud King Arrow

Yellow Vette- Force

P 4 gold rail, Kalitta.

Last edited:

That car is definitely the L.A. Hooker which ended up here in Australia driven by Graeme Cowin.
Cheer's

Thanks for the comments guys. I'll try to get the corrections made in a day or two. I knew ya'll could set me straight. Good hearing from you Billy. Hope you're doing well. MJ

Also, I didn't know you had to be a MySpace member to view the pics. I`m working on a web site for our bracket cars now. I will have a page on there for the pics as well. I'll post a link as soon as the site is up. MJ

Yeah Mack.. long time no see.... i thought i saw you at the IHRA Finals here.. wasn't sure..... maybe run into you soon.....

Billy

I was thinking that was Steve Hodkinson too. I remember he blew that car up in the pits in Ennis once!:eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back