best crew chiefs... (1 Viewer)

IMHO..it has to be the "Ace" !! He has an operation,goes thru chemo,and is what..8 points away from the championship?? And look what he's doing this year as well.

Zippy also ranks up there,he did win the big one last year,and I see many years of that from him.

Looking back, I'm amazed Shoe let Neff get away, especially to Force. I know I've heard the story behind the departure, but can't remember it now. That has been a damn good 'get' for JFR.

If I recall, Neff wanted to drive and Force was going to give him a ride in addition to crew chiefing

I think looking at any Racer who ever dominated and look at their Crew chief. Did Don Garlits ever have a Crewchief? Or did he do it all himself?

I find it interesting how some of the predictions paned out, and some didn't. Makes for some good reading on an off weekend.

Don't forget that Keith Black was not only a engine builder but a tuner of many cars also. Same with Ed Pink and Dave Zuechel (spelling) who left us all too soon. All three of them were fantastic: Greer, Black, Purdomme. When Zuechel showed up at the races you knew you were in big trouble, same with Ed Pink.

I'm going with Coil because he has the most championships. As far as currently, I go with whoever is hot. Right now it's Zippy.

page 2, jim jannard with very accurate 2006 insite......Jimmy Prock and Zippy seem to me to be the next generation of tuning stars. 10 years from now, my bet is that they will be the ones in the top slots

Ronnie Swearingen, he has tuned multiple different rides FUEL FUNNY, TAD, TAFC, NOSTALGIA FC,
PRO MOD, AND WON IN ALL OF THE RIDES, I THINK THAT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF , WHO ELSE HAD DONE THIS,, !!!!! :D

I think you got the names right but wrong order

Alan Johnson
Jim O
jimmy prock
I remember when Alan Johnson with his brother Blaine was driving and they went from alcohol to fuel, had a small trailer no where near the equipment other teams were running and after Alan got the fuel tuning figured out the team was kicking every ones butt down the street, including Jim O.
What I can't figure out is why Jimmy Prock is not back tuning a dragster instead of a funny car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back