Drag Racing History Question? (Interesting, I Promise) (1 Viewer)

actually the question is anyone who drove and won a race and tuned themselves to the win.

Jim Head in tf and fc? I know tf he did

thanks,
has Jim head tuned himself to a win?
Cruz Pedregon won this year as a cc to answer that question.
I don't know if dale armstrong can be counted as a driver/cc winning combo, i know as a cc he has won.
I was unsure about don garlits did he tune it?
and when did don prudhomme tune and win an fc and a tf?

I know Jim won FC at Indy '84, but I'm not exactly sure who was actually tuning, I think it was either Head or John Davis. Pretty sure AA Dale won FC as tuner/driver, wanna say OCIR. Big most certainly tuned his own cars. And I was under the impression Snake tuned his '69 Indy win. I remember Snake sayin he tuned his own cars for a short time when he went on his own. Thought Danny DeGennaro was tuning Cruz all year? If not when did that change?

I know Jim won FC at Indy '84, but I'm not exactly sure who was actually tuning, I think it was either Head or John Davis. Pretty sure AA Dale won FC as tuner/driver, wanna say OCIR. Big most certainly tuned his own cars. And I was under the impression Snake tuned his '69 Indy win. I remember Snake sayin he tuned his own cars for a short time when he went on his own. Thought Danny DeGennaro was tuning Cruz all year? If not when did that change?

thanks for all the feedback. DeGennaro and Cruz were working together on the Dallas win Cruz said he tuned it so maybe a co chief

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back