Bernstein's 1987 Batmobile body for sale (1 Viewer)

Pretty Cool. Great piece of history.

Bernstein had 3 of these for 1987, 2 of which have been for sale within the last year.

The other one I saw was a bit faded from sitting outside it looked like. I'm pretty sure this one was hanging on a wall in KBs shop for the last several years.

Looks like they've got the '84, '85, and '86 bodies as well. Too bad they don't have the running chassis for each body.

Pretty Cool. Great piece of history.

Bernstein had 3 of these for 1987, 2 of which have been for sale within the last year.

The other one I saw was a bit faded from sitting outside it looked like. I'm pretty sure this one was hanging on a wall in KBs shop for the last several years.

didn't one of those bodies get burned up at Maple Grove in '87?

Sounds like you can't use it for anything besides a display or cackle piece ...but it would be nice to own...

Did anyone notice that the seller is Darrell Gwynn, He must be selling them to raise money for his foundation. This must be the stuff Kenny Bernstein donated.

It's a cool piece...but it's just as ugly as it was in '87. Plus, no one really believed it was a 'Buick'. I suppose he could have put 'GS 455' on each side of the blower scoop...

The picture has an "bidding ended" notation on it.

Looks like they didn't get what they were hoping for. Expect to see this at Barrett-Jackson.

Probably bring $500K there.:rolleyes:

I think thats the point haha, this body isn't being sold as cast off race car parts. It's being sold to raise money for the Darrell Gwynn foundation notice the body is signed by Kenny Bernstein, this body is being sold with the aim of going to collectors not racers.

Think of the auction more as a fundraiser for a good cause.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back