The ultimate "Barn Find" (1 Viewer)

It is a cool piece of history, it's also the body that most will credit with starting the downfall of recognizable FC bodies.

head made his own. his was an oldsmobile. bernstein's was a buick. there were quite a few differences but both radically different

I just looked at some old photos, and yeah Heads was different. I always thought they were the same. Both could of been Olds/Buicks though. Or Hondas or anything else. :D

IndyRL_2_001.jpg

Jeez, that is some collection...

Lots of $$$ invested in that lot (probably without a great deal of return except for personal satisfaction)!

There was a BRUT FC body on Racing Junk awhile back. All the stickers were off but the paint was still there.

I'm pretty sure Terry Haddocks Stratus was once a Brut car too.

Unbelievable...............the Batmobile!:eek: This thing deserves to be restored and put into a museum.

I for one would pay for a swing or two with a sledge hammer to that body which led the way to the downfall of funny car bodies having any realistic resemblance to the cars name plate.

I don't blame Dale Armstrong for a second when it came to that body. There were no real rules so to speak of, so every year he did a little more 'till they told him to quit. The wind tunnel tested 84 Tempo came out with the lips and turned in fenders, sealed windows etc. Then came the 85-86 tempo with more of the above and the 40" overhang, vortex generators and rear window louvers, then on to the 87 body.

It's hard to look at KB's 83 Mercury LN7 and think just 4 years later they would be running that Buick body.

The time of change for me, was the early/mid 90's. The Daytona/Avnegers were ok, The Cutlass (Lumina) was ok, the 93-98 Firebirds were OK, as well as the early Force/Winston/Smokin Joes/Fuelish Pleasure style Mustangs. It got a little carried away after that, but I don't mind it as much as some.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back