The General Lee up at auction ! (1 Viewer)

Back when they were filming the TV show, used to see a dozen General Lees at a time on a car hauler, shuttling between the repair shop and the ranch where they filmed the series. I don't know how many they built - and wrecked - but it had to be around a hundred or so.

He had a good gig on Smallville the last couple years..so I doubt he's broke. (well not how we look at broke anyway..hehe). Looks like cleaning house.

Heard it today on the national news...freaky...sure would look nice in my garage!

Lets see $2.7 million dollars or the General Lee???? Hum..........The General as long as Daisy gets to come along. That would be the 70's version of Daisy! J/K I love the General Lee and all, but I couldnt part with $2.7m for it.

My point is - which "the General Lee" is he selling? There were around a hundred of them built, in all, and many of them ended up in a crusher after they were done mangling them in one way or another. Of course, they were prepped in various ways - some were "hundred-footers," looked okay from 100 feet, but not any closer, and I'm sure some of the jump cars were thousand-footers. Very few were detailed enough for close-up work and I imagine this one is one of those - or maybe even a post-series-completion lookalike. There were a lot of those built and I didn't see a lot of detail about the history of this particular car when I clicked on the eBay link. just :"Used" and "tan interior."

Lets see $2.7 million dollars or the General Lee???? Hum..........The General as long as Daisy gets to come along. That would be the 70's version of Daisy! J/K I love the General Lee and all, but I couldnt part with $2.7m for it.

if its jessica simpson as daisy duke ill bid 5 million american dollars! :D :D

If you wade through the details, a) the auction has been hijacked by fraudulent bids (high bid is now $9,901,001.00??), b) this car is one Schneider built in 1997 to use in a Dukes movie and he races it in celebrity events for charity, c) the TV series was long gone when he built this one, and d) he is selling this car and a Rolls Royce to raise money for a movie. A better description than "the General Lee" would be "John Schneider's current General Lee." Probably worth a hundred thou or two to a collector, but it ain't Elvis' Cadillac and it never belonged to the Pope.

It's not like he's trying to fool anyone. He's spelled it out in the ad, so he should get whatever the auction will bear, for the car I thnk. It's not his fault if no one reads the history. ;)

with all the phony bidding on it, eBay will probably shut it down.

First time I looked, I couldn't find the discussion - thought it was one of the original TV series cars. I would imagine this one is nicer, but one of those would bring more money if it could be authenticated. Schneider has always been pretty fan-friendly and has a Dukes memorabilia business (there's a link somewhere in the eBay info) and there's no doubt he's the real seller. It's a shame that the auction got hijacked by Internet buffoons who managed to get through the bidder authentication screening.

Yeah, I missed the detail when I first saw it too... gotta keep scrolling down.
I guess what may have been left of the original cars that weren't crushed, (if any) are sitting in someone's collection somewhere .

I don't buy on eBay anymore because of too many 'instances' of spoofs and other stuff .... too bad.

A Dukes of Hazzard car owned by one of the US TV show's stars has received a winning bid of more than $9.9m (£5m) in an eBay auction.
But an eBay spokeswoman said the bid was not confirmed as genuine.

If it is, the 1969 Dodge Charger will become the most expensive item ever sold on the auction website.

The car is owned by John Schneider, who played Bo Duke. It was not used in the original series but is signed by the cast and did appear in a Hazzard film.

'Delighted'

"In my wildest dreams, two people would get into a bidding war at about $2.5m (£1.25m)," Schneider told the Associated Press.

"I would have been delighted with that. However, I'm three times as delighted as that now."

The eBay spokeswoman said the company told Schneider when bidding escalated to take bids only from pre-qualified eBay customers who could confirm financing and provide other details.

"The way it works is the money and vehicle swap hands between buyer and seller, but until we hear from buyer and seller we have no way of verifying whether the transaction happened," she said.

The previous eBay record was $4.9m (£2.5m) for a private jet several years ago.

So far, nobody's paid the money and they are having trouble getting in touch with the supposed winner. My money's riding on "bogus bid" to win the derby...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back