Back to the 1/4 Mile??? (1 Viewer)

My understanding is racers can and always could race IHRA or other racing federations as long as they don't run on the same dates as NHRA National events.

I can see both sides of the argument, especially as it pertains to nitro, but the bottom line is can the sport sustain (at the nitro level, especially) the continued support in participation under the current platform of expense the classes have evolved to. Participation numbers suggest no.

For me, it still comes back to doing what is necessary to reign in the operational costs to a level where many of the parked teams, along with some new ones may come back out, or figure out the hole we appear to have on the marketing end of things so the big players in business are more enticed to partner with our guys and gals to offset the astronomical costs they've evolved to. Trying to have our cake and eat it too doesn't seem to be working......

Sean D

Folks, its not just nitro...class participation, as a whole, is at a critical level and these "quota's" and low purses don't help. Its an overall systemic problem with drag racing as a whole and NHRA specifically, has not adapted with the times.
How can they sit idle knowing that if that, God forbid, DSR pulls up their tent poles and leaves....theres 4 FC's and 2 TF cars gone...now try filling an 8 car field...the issues on the close horizon and maybe theres concern behind the scenes, but they better kick something loose or it will be an issue before you know it. Don't believe me, look at how difficult its been to get the right deal for Tony. Now in 2020, TJ & Beckmans privately funded deals come to an end and if not renewed....

I'd hate to see what happens...

When were NHRA drivers prohibited from racing at IHRA tracks or events? Ever?
I believe during the testing ban during the nitro shortage 8 or 10 years ago. Running IHRA was considered testing and hence banned.

I believe during the testing ban during the nitro shortage 8 or 10 years ago. Running IHRA was considered testing and hence banned.
NHRA had implemented a limit of test days by participants and they considered anything outside of a national as "testing". I don't remember why it was implemented though.

NHRA had implemented a limit of test days by participants and they considered anything outside of a national as "testing". I don't remember why it was implemented though.

If memory serves me, China cut all manufacturing production leading up to the Beijing Olympics to try and clean up the air quality, and pollution. That impacted nitro production.

If memory serves me, China cut all manufacturing production leading up to the Beijing Olympics to try and clean up the air quality, and pollution. That impacted nitro production.
I do remember that, but wasn't sure if it was the reason....isn't this also when the prices skyrocketed and DSR had a cheaper brand, but NHRA outlawed it?

Don Shoe got fined by NHRA for selling Nitro that was not NHRA legal.
Don got fined for having sealed drums of the nitro he distributes in one of his trailers.He was neither using or selling it at the NHRA event, nor does he sell it or use it at any NHRA event. The idiot NHRA idiot Graham Lightbulb had a major dislike for Don.

I thought it was more about curving costs. I think originally there was a testing ban or limit at NHRA tracks, so in response, teams started testing at IHRA tracks. U.S. 131 in Martin, MI was one of the tracks teams were using for testing. So then I believe NHRA said you could only test a certain amount of times no matter what track or sanctioning body it was.

Here was the deal at the time and why Schumacher was set-up IMO in the first place.

Notice any difference between then and now with NHRA communications ... It's always politics and which way the cash flows.

This thread is about running a number ? of events at 1320, and a #? at 1000'. Making it cost prohibitive.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back