Austin Coil (1 Viewer)

For those of you who have never seen a high tech engine publication, I have good news.

I’ve just spoken with Chris at Race Engine Technology magazine and he said he’ll post any of you a free copy of the issue of Race Engine Technology that contains the Austin Coil article. You just need to e-mail him on [email protected] with your address and phone number and they’ll post you out a free copy. All they do is give you one call afterwards to take your feedback and ask if you would like a subscription but there’s no obligation.

Again, this is about motors and horespower, nothing about the Force girls anywhere in the publication.

Good timing, just ordered that issue not five minutes before reading this thread. Among other articles there's this one: "Insight: NITROMETHANE PERFORMANCE - Ian Bamsey reports on a sensing system that allows the maximum power of a drag bike to be determined" about the design and workings of a torque measurement system on Ian Kings 5-second fuel bike.

You can order new and old issues of RET at https://www.highpowermedia.com

Good timing, just ordered that issue not five minutes before reading this thread. Among other articles there's this one: "Insight: NITROMETHANE PERFORMANCE - Ian Bamsey reports on a sensing system that allows the maximum power of a drag bike to be determined" about the design and workings of a torque measurement system on Ian Kings 5-second fuel bike.

You can order new and old issues of RET at https://www.highpowermedia.com

Pippi: That was a very interesting article. I had read it just before leaving for Bradenton and had a chance to talk to Ian about the device. He said he had hooked up the German firm that performed the test on his bike with the Andersons to run similar test on a Top Fuel Dragster, should be interesting.

Pippi: That was a very interesting article. I had read it just before leaving for Bradenton and had a chance to talk to Ian about the device. He said he had hooked up the German firm that performed the test on his bike with the Andersons to run similar test on a Top Fuel Dragster, should be interesting.
Thanks. Hehe, I'm sort of part of Ians team and should know that already... :)

What is the name of this German firm? I am curious as to any company that makes race technology gadgets.

Just got my copy of the magazine. It was a good read. I am not going to give spoilers. Take High Power Media up on their offer. It is a great magazine.

Last edited:
F1 should be interesting next year Chris. The biggest change for a long time so it will be interesting to see which of the teams will be on the game once winter testing is over. Look forward to qualifying here in Melbourne and see who tops the sheets.

This thread inspired me to 'carelessly' leave the "1 year back issues plus one year subscription" offer website open on the computer just before Christmas and I'm pleased to report that Mrs Claus took the hint!

This thread inspired me to 'carelessly' leave the "1 year back issues plus one year subscription" offer website open on the computer just before Christmas and I'm pleased to report that Mrs Claus took the hint!
Order a bigger helmet-because your brain is going to swell. :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back