Coil Speaks (1 Viewer)

Sorry guys,

I meant to get back to this yesterday but never did. I don't know what brand the speakers are, but it is WAY beyond my level of expertise. He said they were ribbon type I believe. They are taller than me. I have been in professional recording studios that didn't have anything near what Austin has. I wish I could tell you more, but I'm not an audio guy. All I can tell you is it's the most impressive unit I have ever heard.

Alan

Sounds like they are BG Radia. They are the best and they are made down the road in Carson City, NV. I am lucky enough to have a son-in-law who was in the business and he set me up with 5 channel system. Sounds great. Wish my hearing was better!

Sounds like they are BG Radia.
Or maybe some old Carver's, Gold Ribbon Concepts, Apogee's, VMPS, AV123/GR-Research LS6 or LS9's, Wisdom Audio, Analysis Audio, Genesis, Scaena, or maybe some old Infinity's,... possibly even Magnepan. And then there's dozens of ribbon/dynamic speakers and electrostats.

They are the best
Completely subjective. :)

Since we're talking home audio, sign me up for some Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus series. The 800 Diamond will work 'till I find a good speaker. :D

Since we're talking home audio, sign me up for some Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus series. The 800 Diamond will work 'till I find a good speaker. :D
I have a pair of B&W Matrix 802 series 3s, I'd love to have any of the Nautilus 802s, especially the Diamond's!

Last edited:
You guys probably have no access to them but theophany speakers are fantastic, made right here in New Zealand. Only a boutique company but great sounding. I unfortunatly do not own any myself but have heard them in the shops and man they sound good.

" I got googlephonic stereo with a moonrock needle-its ok for the car-I wouldn't have it for the house." Steve Martin :D

The best stuff I looked at for my house was a bit out of the budget, so I have the second best that Radio Shack has to offer.........

Alan

Got a couple of cigar boxes I cut out, with speakers from a 57 Dodge. Works OK if you don't try to turn them up too loud.

Austin sounds like many of us "old geezers" who have become disinterested in today's drag racing. The business side has oveshadowed what many of us got from racing. When John had to make some decisions based on business instead of friendships and competition then the ugly side of the sport reared it's head. When the things you got from drag racing was innovation, friendships and the competitive spirit are no longer there it stops being fun and it's time to quit.

Austin sounds like many of us "old geezers" who have become disinterested in today's drag racing. The business side has oveshadowed what many of us got from racing. When John had to make some decisions based on business instead of friendships and competition then the ugly side of the sport reared it's head. When the things you got from drag racing was innovation, friendships and the competitive spirit are no longer there it stops being fun and it's time to quit.

Post of the week!

John;
Drag racing is still fun. Bakersfield next month will prove that.

I'll give you that, but that's not what Coil gave up, that's what he said he would still do given the right conditions.

I brought this back up for you audio guys. I have more info on the speakers if you're still interested. He told me they are VMPS Double ribbon towers, manufactured by Itone audio.

All I know is they have AMAZING sound,

Alan

I brought this back up for you audio guys. I have more info on the speakers if you're still interested. He told me they are VMPS Double ribbon towers, manufactured by Itone audio.

All I know is they have AMAZING sound,

Alan

What is the rest of the system? I'm not impressed with Coils choice of speakers.

thank you Alan - would love to listen to a pair of VMPS towers, much
less have the wherewithal to purchase a speaker in that category
(which someday i will)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back