Coil Speaks (2 Viewers)

It was a good read. I am glad that he finally answered some unanswered questions that were floating round out there. Hope the best for him in whatever he chooses to do in the Future.

I would like to see Austin back with a nitro team. I am sure he's got a good number of championships left in him.

Just back from having dinner with Austin tonight. He is doing just fine, he has projects that interest him, and is scratching things off the "bucket list".

He still may have the best home stereo of all time........

Alan

Alan, you got that right !!! Austin is a huge fan of quality music. I can attest to his affection of Pink Floyd !!! His is truely a man to admire in this sport. He has dedicated his life to AA/Funny Cars. His master skills as a mechanic and tuning wizard will go down in history certainly at the top !!! The records speak for themselves. As our heroes , like Prudhomme, Bernstein, and McCulloch take time to just get away to enjoy their lives, I think Austin should have his enjoyment also. He has after all been a big part of this sport since the 1960's. God bless you Austin !!!!

That's what I like about Coil. He will tell you what he thinks you need to hear, not what he thinks you want to hear. I'm sure there will be a few on hear that will criticize him because he didn't tell them what they wanted to hear. But it would be nice if they would get at least one championship under their belt before they do.:)

Just back from having dinner with Austin tonight. He is doing just fine, he has projects that interest him, and is scratching things off the "bucket list".

Alan

Nice to see a man who has accomplished so much take time to enjoy life and not just be dedicated to piling up more Benjamins in the bank.

Alan

Alan, has he ever told you what his favorite food is????

how cool - an audiophile.
care to elaborate on his components? at least the speakers?

There is no doubt about Austin's contribution to the sport. There is also no doubt that without Austin that John Force would not have won all the championships he has. The interview was great, good to hear his ideas.
I do have a problem with his attitude toward Force. All the time he was working for Force he was being very highly paid. He was never a partner, always an employee. He and John obviously had been very good friends but when it comes down to business operations the call is all John's. Austin never had a financial interest, except being paid, in JFR.
When Force felt he needed to make changes the decision was his, he is the owner, and that's what all his employees had to live with.
Obviously Austin did not agree with the changes and he decided to leave JFR. That was his decision. It's like all other business' when the owner decides to make changes then you either go along with them or move on. That is what he did. He obviously felt he had more influence in JFR than he did.
I wish Austin all the best but I think his attitude toward Force stinks. Austin would not be in the financial position he is today without his employment with JFR.
I know this is going to rile up some people but it's what it is.....when you are the owner you run the business and make changes you feel are required and as an employee you either go along with them or leave.

There is no doubt about Austin's contribution to the sport. There is also no doubt that without Austin that John Force would not have won all the championships he has. The interview was great, good to hear his ideas.
I do have a problem with his attitude toward Force. All the time he was working for Force he was being very highly paid. He was never a partner, always an employee. He and John obviously had been very good friends but when it comes down to business operations the call is all John's. Austin never had a financial interest, except being paid, in JFR.
When Force felt he needed to make changes the decision was his, he is the owner, and that's what all his employees had to live with.
Obviously Austin did not agree with the changes and he decided to leave JFR. That was his decision. It's like all other business' when the owner decides to make changes then you either go along with them or move on. That is what he did. He obviously felt he had more influence in JFR than he did.
I wish Austin all the best but I think his attitude toward Force stinks. Austin would not be in the financial position he is today without his employment with JFR.
I know this is going to rile up some people but it's what it is.....when you are the owner you run the business and make changes you feel are required and as an employee you either go along with them or leave.

Well said,nice work.
I have had to do those very same things John did.When the ecomomy did a nose dive us business owners had to make some very difficult decisions.Some of which included some old/faithfull employees and their compensation package.I was lucky enough not to have any layoffs or wage concesions,had to move the benifit/insurance package somewhat but everyone of my employees took home the same pay as before the recession started.

Austin and John were quite a team,they both worked hard and both deserve to reap the rewards of such hard work.I wish Austin the best of luck in whatever he does.As far as John goes,well that will go without saying...he is the master...he and his teams will prosper annd grow and hopefully be around for a long time.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back