Austin Coil (1 Viewer)

Nick Name

Nitro Member
Good article about Coil in the latest edition of Racing Engine Technology magazine. Good insight into his present thoughts on the sport.

$25 a copy.... sad we cannot read it online. Would have enjoyed reading about Austin's thoughts on the sport.

If you ever saw a copy , you'd agree its worth it. SUPER hi quality-and the content is for those really in the know. Its not Hot Rod telling you how to put an intake on your Chevy-Its a 10 page article explaining the forces on F1 pistons at 18k rpm.

Joe, if you contact them, they will send you a complimentary issue for you to evaluate. I did last year, and it really is a super magazine. I didn't subscribe because of the cost, but I was amazed at the level of tech in the articles.

specialized niche content + high editorial quality = low readership + high price

They've been going for years and years so the niche market clearly thinks the price is acceptable.

I agree it's a great magazine, which provide a weapons-grade dose of tech!

i-wjNgjJv-X2.jpg

Actually with exchange rates and shipping to the US it is closer to $40. I have been reading the annual Drag Racing edition for several years now, well worth it for the depth of information contained within.

Ed,

Can you get the drag racing issue standalone, or do you have to have a subscription for the year?

Ed,

Can you get the drag racing issue standalone, or do you have to have a subscription for the year?

I always get it as a stand alone and pick up other single issues that have something that interests me. I have never subscribed as I am not that interested in F1 etc. technology.

Being in the business I subscribe. They have the kind of information we need to stay abreast of the ever changing engine technology.

Definitely not a fan publication. If you want to read about John and the girls, save your money.

http://www.f1technical.net/features/18858

Here's a somewhat diluted extract from an RCE article about the Cosworth CA, the first F1 V8 to 20,000 rpm (there's a famous 20K dyno run on Youtube). It is abridged and not much use to a drag racer but it shows you that the mag is quite technical. I expect the CA detail is only being revealed because a big rule change makes it obsolete.

F1 guys do some impressive stuff but so do drag racers - I reckon that the mean piston speed at max rpm is higher in a strong TAFC motor than in F1, albeit for far shorter duration!

And here's the link to their free sample offer.

http://www.the-mia.com/Want-to-read-Race-Engine-Technology-magazine-for-Free-

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back