At the crossroads... (1 Viewer)

I guess I joined in at the old "Nitro Mater" late. Cause I don't remember any Pros posting there. It's extremely hard for me to believe, that way back then, you had the privilege of talking with a Pro racer. Now please tell me what other sports fans have this privilege? Baseball? Basketball? Football? Hockey? NASCAR? If I am wrong please tell me. Then a certain group of clowns, come along and messed it up for everyone. My dad had a saying and it's worth repeating here. "Put your brain in gear, before you put your actions and mouth in motion!" He had to use that on me a only a couple of times when I was a teenager and then it clicked. Sure hope, and it seems it's heading in that direction, that the Pros will come back and play. I do want to thank Mr. Jannard and Mr. Schumacher for sticking it out. It just proves another great saying "When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going!" Stay safe everyone, that's my 2 cents!!!

Real name / User name whats the difference? I call them as I see them and not everyone is gonna agree. So now your saying I gotta walk on egg shells just cus a pro might come back on here and take offense to something I say? I thats the case delete my account and refund my $1 cus it sounds to me like a bunch of butt smooching is gonna be going on. I joined cus it was about the racing chatter not because such and such pro was posting here and left but now they might return. Some one set the record straight please.

I wasn't the world's biggest fan of using real names, but if that's what it takes to have a decent conversation with someone who knows what's going on, I'm all for it.

Good on ya for doing something to try and keep folks honest. You even got a nice Jewish boy to donate a dollar to Racers for Christ.;)

Real name / User name whats the difference? I call them as I see them and not everyone is gonna agree. So now your saying I gotta walk on egg shells just cus a pro might come back on here and take offense to something I say? I thats the case delete my account and refund my $1 cus it sounds to me like a bunch of butt smooching is gonna be going on. I joined cus it was about the racing chatter not because such and such pro was posting here and left but now they might return. Some one set the record straight please.

What I'm going to do is this. Even if I have one or more reasons for not liking someone (which is the only way I WILL not like someone), I'm keeping my mouth shut out of respect for what I know people here are wanting. I appreciate this board enough that I'll take a little bad to get the greater good.

I still know there's a huge difference between the way I am and what's been here in the past. There are plenty of people who will make the most negative assumptions about your intentions in any situation if there's a way to do so. An example is when someone said that the only reason Larry Morgan was complaining about the timing systems was because of his average qualifying position. If you don't know the man, how could you possibly even start to say that? You can't. The majority of my arguments here in the last several months have had to do with defending other people from these kinds of personal attacks. Now, I'd love to say that these folks must not have much of a life of their own to cause them to do that but, then I'd be assuming their intentions and doing what they do, wouldn't I?

It really does come down to respect. On the inside, I'm skeptical of everyone. On the outside, I treat them the only way I think is fair, which is to always assume you have good intentions until you give me a reason to believe otherwise. Even then, I just won't treat them in any way at all on this board. If a racer does or says the worst thing imaginable today and comes on here and posts tomorrow, I'm keeping my mouth shut out of respect for what this board wants. They don't want anything negative, that's what they'll get. If it were my board, I'd say whatever I wanted to.

Last edited:
I appreciate this board enough that I'll take a little bad to get the greater good.

Great Post Ron, and while I may not agree with everything Steve said, I do realize we're gonna see some extended butt kissing..and while I don't particularly care for it...sometimes you have to overcorrect to get the car back in the groove.
While I agree this board is at a crossroads, I don't think most realize on how many levels this will change things....a few years ago the Stock/Super Stock forum went though a similar transformation, and managed to shake off all the casual fans, super-class racers, anybody that wasn't a hard core, participating Stock/Super Stock racer....while that may have been thier goal, the end result was a board that moves at a 1/3 of it's old pace, and one that slipped from being the pre-immenent sportsman board on the Net, to one that is barely a blip on the consciousness of the normal drag racing web surfer. It's like the old saying.."Sometimes you get what you wish for"

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back