Any Charlotte news? (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
Is Bruton building the track or not? Ever since they relented on the lawsuit I haven't heard anything since.:rolleyes:

Heard on the news the other night that Bruton will make an announcement on Nov 15th.

i went over to the World Of Outlaws traces.. an walked over to the site.. nothing new had been done... big word in the area was he's moving an had planned to no matter what... interesting to see what realy happens.....

Billy

Bruton is not going to be a final nail in the coffin for Concord, NC.
If you live around here you know that Pillowtex pulled out, then Phillip Morris.
I don't see Bruton doing that.

A study in the local paper said that Concord would have to triple tax rates to make up for the loss should it happen. Not that triple the tax rate in Concord is a viable option.

Bruton was busy last week buying New Hampshire International Speedway for 340 mil. Maybe he will build an NHRA 1/4 miles strip here.

Charlotte Observer on Friday had a story saying that a decision will be made by Thanksgiving.

I apologize Maters for not being able to post and link and all that stuff, but a news headline came over my stock ticker that the powers that be in the town where Smith's track is, are working to put togethet $75M in incentives in hopes of keeping Bruton from moving. I believe the article is in today's Charlotte Observer.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back