Another Bruton Buys the NHRA thread... (1 Viewer)

I wonder what Bruton thought and/or said about NHRA screwing up his track last weekend?

That was exactly what I was wondering about. How did he like NHRA stinking up the show and leaving a black mark against his race track?? Just as a sided thought, whenever there is ant problem with any of his tracks it gets immediate attention......even the nascar tracks.

Burton Smith and his organization are business people that love motor sports. He understands that he has two sets of customers. The fans and the competitors. Keeping them both happy is something he knows how to do and NHRA knows nothing about.

BSHRA.........gotta love it!! :)
I don't see Mr. Smith buying the NHRA and leaving it as is..........just not his style.
The sportsman racers truly are self-sufficient so they should not be worried.
Now, in the event that this actually takes place, how many golden parachutes do you think there will be??? :D

Somebody has gotta make the 'BSNHRA' logo....gotta do it. And I'm not talking about the Bruton Smith version..

Somebody has gotta make the 'BSNHRA' logo....gotta do it. And I'm not talking about the Bruton Smith version..
Hey, graphic design is kinda part of my job description--if I get a little spare time I might give it a shot--come to think of it, Alan, do I have permission to use your avatar? Might just come in handy.....

Hey, graphic design is kinda part of my job description--if I get a little spare time I might give it a shot--come to think of it, Alan, do I have permission to use your avatar? Might just come in handy.....

Have at it! In the lounge are some more of my crazy feline friends as well...there might be one that fits the whole NHRA/DSR debacle...

If Burton Smith does buy the NHRA. I hope his first order of business is FIRING Tom Compton and Graham Light!!!
That's the real reason, that the deal hasn't been done before, the current crew knows they'd be looking at pink slips and not golden parachutes

S/F
D

What Smith wants , he gets.
Two races at Lowe's huh !
They denyed they were for sale till the HD thing leaked out.
If you ignore your customers wants you risk them looking elsewhere for their needs.
Of course basic business sense in a non profit organization is an oxymoron.

NHRA is responding to the BS rumors, the IMG thing and whatever was said about the Gainesville tower, yet they are letting DSR out in the cold defending themselves against cheating? Go figure.

LAS VEGAS - Speedway Motorsports Inc. chairman Bruton Smith confirmed Sunday he has made an offer to purchase the NHRA. Smith said he has submitted a contract proposal to the NHRA but declined to provide any details. NHRA officials could not be reached for comment. Asked where the proposal stands, Smith said he's waiting for a reply. "They're a non-profit organization, and it's up to the present board," he said.

SMI, which owns Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, is fast becoming a major player in drag racing. The company owns drag racing facilities at Sears Point Raceway in Sonoma, California, which holds an NHRA national event, and Bristol (Tennessee) Motor Speedway, which stages the Winston Showdown all-star race.

SMI is building a new drag racing facility adjacent to its Las Vegas Motor Speedway, and that has received a new event for 2000. Smith also has stated his intention to build a drag strip at Texas Motor Speedway, even though the Texas Motorplex in Ennis has an exclusive agreement to stage NHRA events in the Dallas-Fort Worth market.

Smith wouldn't say what he would do with the NHRA if he acquired it, but he has said on previous occasions he believes the sport's format needs to be changed to better accommodate television. He has proposed building facilities with four lanes instead of two for continuous action.

written by Tony Fabrizio
from the Dallas Morning News
September 27, 1999
© Dallas Morning News, Inc. 1999

just thought I'd see if anyone was awake

d'kid

LAS VEGAS - Speedway Motorsports Inc. chairman Bruton Smith confirmed Sunday he has made an offer to purchase the NHRA. Smith said he has submitted a contract proposal to the NHRA but declined to provide any details. NHRA officials could not be reached for comment. Asked where the proposal stands, Smith said he's waiting for a reply. "They're a non-profit organization, and it's up to the present board," he said.

SMI, which owns Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, is fast becoming a major player in drag racing. The company owns drag racing facilities at Sears Point Raceway in Sonoma, California, which holds an NHRA national event, and Bristol (Tennessee) Motor Speedway, which stages the Winston Showdown all-star race.

SMI is building a new drag racing facility adjacent to its Las Vegas Motor Speedway, and that has received a new event for 2000. Smith also has stated his intention to build a drag strip at Texas Motor Speedway, even though the Texas Motorplex in Ennis has an exclusive agreement to stage NHRA events in the Dallas-Fort Worth market.

Smith wouldn't say what he would do with the NHRA if he acquired it, but he has said on previous occasions he believes the sport's format needs to be changed to better accommodate television. He has proposed building facilities with four lanes instead of two for continuous action.

written by Tony Fabrizio
from the Dallas Morning News
September 27, 1999
© Dallas Morning News, Inc. 1999

just thought I'd see if anyone was awake

d'kid

That was way cruel Karl.....I thought we would finally get some new brass in Glendora...:eek::D

I'm not sure I favor Bruton Smith buying the NHRA. But who Bruton does have in his employ, and who probably would be good for the NHRA, is Humpy Wheeler. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Humpy running the show in Glendora.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back