Another Bruton Buys the NHRA thread... (1 Viewer)

Maybe Shoe will see this, I see he is logged in. I'd like his opinion on Bruton buying out NHRA.

That is the simplest and best way to put it. Now if we could have some Bruton naysayers stop in.....

Nay, I say Nay Nay Nay!!!!!!!!!!

Burton just needs to build a couple of more tracks, buy a couple and upgrade, and he'll have his own league... the BSHRA. he gets to eight tracks, twice a year, that's 16 races a year...

Again I Say Nay, oh wise Alan, Nay...

ROTFLMAO

d'kid

Nay, I say Nay Nay Nay!!!!!!!!!!

Burton just needs to build a couple of more tracks, buy a couple and upgrade, and he'll have his own league... the BSHRA. he gets to eight tracks, twice a year, that's 16 races a year...

Again I Say Nay, oh wise Alan, Nay...

ROTFLMAO

d'kid

Didn't NHRA just change their name to BSHRA when they hosed Don Schumacher this weekend? :D:D:eek:

Cereal-ly Alan,

If this is TRUE, it will give Bruton 8 tracks outright. But, really, Why would he want to?

d'kid

Since Bruton's now 76 years old, I doubt he has any serious interest in purchasing NHRA.
Someone of this stature in business treats business as if they will never die. The mechanism will be in place to continue things without missing a beat should something happen to him. It's the way business is done in corporate America.
Build it-grow it-nourish it!

I say this is great news should this pan out to be more than a rumor!

Maybe Shoe will see this, I see he is logged in. I'd like his opinion on Bruton buying out NHRA.

I am sure the major movers like Shoe and Force are going to be able to give input or be privy to any doings LONG before any of us find out (or anyone in the media find out).

Me personally, I am not in favor of change for changes sake. It does no one any good if Bruton takes over and maintains the status quo ... or decides to try to recoup his investment quickly by squeezing the racers and fans a little tighter than we are already. He does have stockholders to answer to after all.

I always try to assume positive intent, so I would hope SMI would throw their marketing weight in with IMG, relax the hospitality restrictions and costs for the teams, ease up on the cost of doing business on the midway for the teams and improve the TV package, not to mention holding all NHRA National Event venues to SMI standards.

I think the potential positives outweigh the potential negatives for SMI taking over ... but it is always better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

If Burton Smith does buy the NHRA. I hope his first order of business is FIRING Tom Compton and Graham Light!!!

Only problem I see with the rumor is leaving the sportsman racers with no funding.

That would leave sportsman class racers-those who race exclusively or very frequently in the LODRS series-with options such as IHRA or the formation of a new series to fill the vacuum. Perhaps Forrest Lucas himself would initiate the formation of a new company to develop a nationwide sportsman series. Local and/or bracket racers would have nothing to fear as IHRA would fill the void with sanctioning duties. Of course, the Bruton version of NHRA could very well keep the series and sportsman support in place. There's only one group of people who know the answer to that and none of us are part of it.

The sky isn't falling, chicken little. Sportsman racing in all forms of motorsports is strong regardless of who sanctions it. IRL, NASCAR, and other major motorsports do not administer each and every aspect of feeder classes and series n the nation, yet there are always plenty of racers and teams from which to pick for new talent.

OK...off the sportsman subject.

I find it interesting that Steve Earwood mentioned there would be two races at the new Lowes track in '09 and the very same day a new, strong rumor about Bruton's purchase of the NHRA surfaces. Connect the dots, man...connect the dots!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back