Angelle DQ'd? (1 Viewer)

The Don must be pretty happy. Angelle deserved the time IMHO. But geez, Ron's out and gets an interview. Ace gets an interview. Even Force loses and gets interviewed. Tommy makes 4 good passes in qualifying. Never got an interview. Wins 2 rounds. Never got an interview. I sound like Red "Never got a dinner" Buttons I know... but come on ESPN. :mad:
i totally agree, espn its so wrapped up into dsr that the people who deserve it never get interviewed. last night we had the zoo. tonight we get dsr like always. :mad: tommy deserved a big interview!

no one else came up light. you can cry all you want angelle. they cheated period!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh let me guess. i guess the scales are wrong because big bad team $humacher always wins right:)

That's a little harsh. :mad:

For all we know, there were bikes that may've been heavy before the run and right at weight after the run.

Tommy got an interview..but he had to win to get it.

True but I was referring to the qualifying show and the first 2 round wins specifically. They talked to him only after the semis and the final. I'm beginning to think Mike Green needs to throw the throttle stop at Rick Stewart's head before every pass just to get a little TV time. :eek:
P.S. Sorry for the thread hi-jack.:eek:

True but I was referring to the qualifying show and the first 2 round wins specifically. They talked to him only after the semis and the final. I'm beginning to think Mike Green needs to throw the throttle stop at Rick Stewart's head before every pass just to get a little TV time. :eek:
P.S. Sorry for the thread hi-jack.:eek:
LOL..Man that's the truth.

It's obvious ESPN doesn't have the diehard racer in mind..
grinning-smiley-047.gif

I'm tellin' ya guys, something is up with espn2 producers or something working the controversy angle lately. They used to just show us the racing and that was that. I guess they are trying to react to the people saying they need to broadcast the drama?
Anyways, sorry Angelle, I've been angry to the point of tears also. Keep soldiering on, dot all your i's and cross all your t's. Hang tough girly.

I posted this most likley dumb question over on Angelle's site and I'll ask it here. Did they scale the bike facing into the wind or away from the wind? The reason I ask is because I've seen literally dozens of funny cars and pro stock cars get scaled. They'll be light facing away from the wind and be over the legal limit facing into the wind. That little breeze can supply enough lift to artificially effect the scale. When they interviewed Angelle, I couldn't help but notice that the wind really seemed to be blowing. Could this affect a PSM just like F/C or PSC? Just wondering.

I don't know enough about it to develop an informed response, but if memory serves me correctly, Larry Morgan came up light at the scales a year or two ago at Brainerd & he blamed it on the wind too - he didn't get shirts made up about it or anything, but he was hoppin' mad at NHRA. Does anyone else remember that? Is it possible that the wind can swing the scales a full five pounds? I wouldn't think so, but I don't know.

It would have been nice to get TJ some more air time, but I was glad that they explained Angelle's DQ because I was fustrated at her being out. I think she earns every win she gets.

TJ seems like a nice guy and I think he's one of the best spokesman the sport has. I'd rather see TJ get the air time than most of the other drivers out there.

I don't know enough about it to develop an informed response, but if memory serves me correctly, Larry Morgan came up light at the scales a year or two ago at Brainerd & he blamed it on the wind too - he didn't get shirts made up about it or anything, but he was hoppin' mad at NHRA. Does anyone else remember that? Is it possible that the wind can swing the scales a full five pounds? I wouldn't think so, but I don't know.

As I understood it, the scale reads weight in 5 pound increments. So I was thinking the difference could have been just that 1-2 pounds needed to make the scale round down to 610lbs instead of up to 615lbs. Maybe I misunderstood though? :confused: I hope George or Jackie Bryce comes around to help clarify this.

Where we give fuel is different at most races, it just depends on where they have room. But I can tell you something about the Brainerd scales that NHRA guys will say doesn't happen but I've seen personally several times. If you weigh your car as far left and back it will weigh between 5 and 10lbs heavier than the exact center. And depending on how early you weigh it in the morning before the run it will move 5 to 10lbs, I know this sounds crazy but several other racers have the same notes about the scales about Brainerd and Pheonix which is really bad about changing during the day.

My two cents,
Michael

I doubt they were cheating,but Geez Angelle grow up,enough with the crying. When melanie went out in all 3 western swing races in the 1st round you didnt see her crying,Angelle makes her sponsor look real bad. Maybe next year she can get kleenex to sponsor her.

no one else came up light. you can cry all you want angelle. they cheated period!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh let me guess. i guess the scales are wrong because big bad team $humacher always wins right:)

They didn't cheat. period!!! I'm JFR fan, but not for a minute do I think team Shoe cheats. Something happened, whether the scales at Brainerd aren't always accurate as Michael has just posted, the wind played a factor, or the Army team just missed it and made a mistake on their weight....BUT NO ONE CHEATED!

It was weird seeing Tommy Johnson Jr. thank SPY while wearing his OAKLEYS.

Sadly, I regret starting this thread to ask what happened and then having the accusations about Angelle cheating start. :( :eek:

If I could delete my own thread, I would.

I doubt they were cheating,but Geez Angelle grow up,enough with the crying. When melanie went out in all 3 western swing races in the 1st round you didnt see her crying,Angelle makes her sponsor look real bad. Maybe next year she can get kleenex to sponsor her.

When robots take over the world, then maybe you won't have to ever see anyone cry.:rolleyes:
Geez, everyone is different... maybe Melanie wouldn't cry and that's okay, but it's also okay for Angelle to react her way.

did they say anyone else came up light? NO you must be a $humacher fan. dont make exuses

There are also sportsman classes that went across those same scales,but again,you have now said twice that they cheated,so I'll ask again..Were you at the scales all day and know without a doubt they cheated and know how they did or are you just slinging bull$hit??

Let me answer for you..you are slinging $hit!!

See..I believe Angelle actually turned the tables when she said "I'm sorry for crying because I know people will make fun of it"..c'mon Jer..give her a fargin break will ya!! Especially when she calls it like that..

The race for the championship is on..she had a chance to gain ground. Ever see a driver get teary after winning?? Well it's obvious it hurst just as bad when things don't go right. Can't believe you criticized..even after she said you would..

I posted this most likley dumb question over on Angelle's site and I'll ask it here. Did they scale the bike facing into the wind or away from the wind? The reason I ask is because I've seen literally dozens of funny cars and pro stock cars get scaled. They'll be light facing away from the wind and be over the legal limit facing into the wind. That little breeze can supply enough lift to artificially effect the scale. When they interviewed Angelle, I couldn't help but notice that the wind really seemed to be blowing. Could this affect a PSM just like F/C or PSC? Just wondering.

She mentioned that as a possibilty during her interview. If they weigh the bikes before the run, and without the helmet, how can they be light after the run. Sure, they burn some gas, but the weight of the helmet should be more then enough to compensate for that I'd think.

Personally, I think she was just MAD, mostly about the entire situation. I felt bad for her. I doubt anyone will think they were cheating... oh wait... I know some folks who will think exactly that. Knowing that you're gonna get weighed right after your run, you'd have to be a fool to run light. You're gonna get caught. She didn't win as many championships as she has be being a fool.

See..I believe Angelle actually turned the tables when she said "I'm sorry for crying because I know people will make fun of it"..c'mon Jer..give her a fargin break will ya!! Especially when she calls it like that..

The race for the championship is on..she had a chance to gain ground. Ever see a driver get teary after winning?? Well it's obvious it hurst just as bad when things don't go right. Can't believe you criticized..even after she said you would..

I've found that usually the people who are uncomfortable with someone showing emotions, are those who aren't in touch with their own.

Angelle, you cry all you want to girl. Frustration with the circumstances, or joy when winning are real emotions. Good for you in not being intimidated into not allowing them in your life.

The Don must be pretty happy. Angelle deserved the time IMHO. But geez, Ron's out and gets an interview. Ace gets an interview. Even Force loses and gets interviewed. Tommy makes 4 good passes in qualifying. Never got an interview. Wins 2 rounds. Never got an interview. I sound like Red "Never got a dinner" Buttons I know... but come on ESPN. :mad:

That sucks when some drivers don't get interviewed, especially when they win, and the interviews are with those who lost.

I think the Angelle interview was ok.... sort of like 'breaking news' .

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back