Anyone know how light Ashley was? (1 Viewer)

jpee

Nitro Member
When Ashley got DQ'd at Maple Grove for being light on the scales, does anyone know how much under she was ?

Boy it sure seems like Team Force is hitting a big string of "Bad Luck"

They weigh the cars w/out fuel in the tank as there is always that chance your tank will be empty after a run...

Most of the extra fuel was actually used(or not used actually) on the burnout. The average fuel car will use approx 6 gal of fuel during the burnout, back up and stage procedure. A malfunction in the fuel system may have allowed extra fuel to be sent through the barrel valve and into the motor, most of it unburned, and right out the headers on the burnout. A couple extra gallons pumped through and out the pipes would weigh 20 lbs. Im sure the Force cars are VERY close to minimum weight and that extra fuel that remains in the tank after a 1000 ft run can make all the difference.

It also sounded on the broadcast like there were some shavings or foreign debris found in the new cars fuels system after the run, either causing or contributing too the motors demise at the end of the run. The motor ran lean at the end, as is evidence of the unusual amount of death smoke out of the exahust (even for a Force car) at the end of the run.

What I understood was that the debris clogged the fuel return line, forcing the unused fuel, as noted, through the engine, not back into the tank. It went out the pipes on the burnout/staging, and made them light.

i doubt they cut it that close on weight.....there is more to her being light than burning a couple extra gallons of fuel

i doubt they cut it that close on weight.....there is more to her being light than burning a couple extra gallons of fuel

It was a brand new car, never weighed, and it burned extra fuel. I'm sure if they had the time to weigh it, and it was that close, they would've tossed in some weight.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back