UPSET ALERT!!!Ashley Force DQ'd! (2 Viewers)

1. I am STILL incredulous Joe told you that, I am going to beat him down at Indy.
2. That was about a year ago exactly, time flies.
3. Also according to me I will be driving a third car for you guys with you as my crew chief, so you should take EVERYTHING I say with a grain of salt.

I now return you to the bashing JFR portion of the program.

1. i still like to give you grief, it's what I do. Cracks me up.
2. Wow, time does fly.
3. It would be a sixth car for us. Two SG cars, two SC cars, and one TD, so whatever you want to add to that....I'd really like to run a TS car one of these days.

On tle live audio it was indicated (by John I think) that Ashley's team was up until 2am getting the car ready and didn't have tiome to go to the scales. Given all the stuff they had to change, it's not shocking that they got surprised by the weight. Did not hear exactly how light they were.

Yes, and Ashley's car was light by 25lbs.

The nitormater domain name should really be renamed to
ihatejohnforceracing dot com

Bobby,

I think Force team are over exposed for the wrong reasons. Pit bike mileage? Fung Sway or whatever it's called? That's not news, or even INTERESTING.

There are stories about other teams, real drama, real things that people could be interested in. I've been around this sport 30-40 years (according to Chris Cook anyway but according to my own clock, 20 something), and I've heard what Force has to say plenty of times. I'd like to hear about Joe Hartley, The Golden Greek, Clay Millican, Doug Kalitta, Dave Grubnic, Warren Johnson, KJ etc etc, and what they have to say.

Brandon Bernstein, who's father's legacy practically started the big sponsorships, is losing it's sponsor, and you hear practically nil about it. I didn't make it through all the broadcasts, but did they say anything about Haddock and the deal with Densham?
Awesome post Jenn

The nitormater domain name should really be renamed to:
ihatejohnforceracingbecausetheygetallmostalltheair timeonespnandtheycanbendallthenhrarulestotheirfavo rbecausetheybringinthemostspectatorssothatthenhrac anmakemoremoney dot com

X50 and justified by post after post of JFR Haters!!!!

john force understands his business better than most of his competitors.

if the annual nhra tour is a book that contains 23 chapters, JFR knows
better than most how to attract attention, whether it is
for only one chapter(race) or stringing together a series of chapters(races).
whether his team is winning or losing, jfr is usually a focal point of interest
in every chapter(race).
jfr knows hows to develop characters and provide plot lines for them.
john knows this is about a lot more than winning and losing..........although
of course the name of game is winning.

i also grow tired of the repetitive jfr coverage, but can appreciate it for
what it is.
would love to hear a response from DSR to the one sided coverage of JFR;
would imagine that could be an eye-opener.

seems that napa commercials air just as much as castrol commercials during
telecasts, so i'm doubting that has to do with prefered coverage?

I thought that they just missed something but from the last camera work with no reporter it looks like the car had issue with a return line that was plugged that someone did not clean after boom and it burnt two-three more gallons of fuel than normal.

It was way rich on burn out and Idling while they were playing with the BV.

Did her car that hit wall lock up the drive train and slide around in oil or was that Ashley stopping the car? It sure had enough shrapnel flying around.
that was big blower explosion as the case was GONE in after shots.

I liked how John reported that the PROCK rocket hammers you in the seat when clutch comes in and Austin's drives like automatic :D

I really don't think ppl hate John Force Racing. The materguy or matergirl realizes that JFR are a integral part of the Funny Car class.

I pull against the Forces, but I don't hate them.

Most anti-Force comments usually spawn themselves from ESPN's coverage.

For instance, reporter guy has to ask John Force at the end of the track about Ashley's car, then his car, then Neff's, then Hight's, and then a followup on Ashley. And after we've heard the owner comment on all these things, we've have to hear Ashley and Hight go over the same things.

It would be a little less overbearing if the reporter dude could just stick to John Force's entry when talking to Force and let the others speak for themselves. Now I know this is hard to do, but it's worth a try.

Watching the broadcast last night I think John eluded to ppl questioning Ashley's driving or being OK after the explosion and coming back with a new car on Sunday. We'll me personally, I'm not concerned about Ashley Force-Hood as a driver. She's proved herself. She's pretty damn good!

I am not a Force hater by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I like all the personalities he's got on his teams. Although I'm not sure Prock actually has a personality. :D

I agree with what seems to be the consensus though. There are much more interesting stories out there than the mileage on a pit bike, or moving some stupid furniture around in a motor home. Is crap like that really the kind of stuff that will attract sponsor's and new fans? I doubt it.

Obviously, I'd love to see them spend some quality time on The Greek. I mean come on, 4.11 at 80 years old! I know The Greek has always done it because he loves it, and maybe he has no desire to run all the races, but if he does, I'd think some stories on him would be much more interesting to potential sponsor's. Or even newer fans of the sport, than some dumb segment on changing a living room around. Hell, I can turn on HGTV if I want to see that crap.

How about some stuff on Millican? I know they did that little blurb about him and the points deal at the beginning, but how about really digging into his program, and his operation? This guy has been struggling and finding a way to stay out there for awhile now. Doesn't he deserve some exposure?

And yes, all the other people those of you have mentioned. Heck, I'd like to see some more historical stories on the sport too. How about a "Where Are They Now" segment? How about some stories on people that have, and have not been gone from the sport for very long? What's Eddie Hill doing? What's Jim Nicoll doing? What's Chuck Etchell's doing? What's (insert name here) doing? I think most of us liked the recent article on Cristin Powell. Why not some of that stuff on the broadcast?

How about a real story on a TEAM? Not just the driver and crew chief, the entire team! How about letting the casual fan know exactly what it takes to make these teams function, and what it takes for them to compete at this level? How about some stuff on how much these guys actually do?

How about some updates as to what they are or aren't doing to get these races back to 1320 feet? How about letting us know if there is any real intention to ever go back to 1320 foot racing?

How about some Pro Mod exposure?

How about some stories on young people that are working their way up through the ranks, to eventually race in one of the Pro Categories?

Last but not least, if I were the NHRA, I'd have a Funny Car and a Dragster for show. I'd have them at every single Nascar race there is. I'd work out a deal with Nascar to light up a fuel car for those fans. I can guarantee you, most Nascar fans have never smelled, heard, or felt a fuel car run. Even at an idle. I'd put one right in the middle of their midway, and fire it up a couple of times. I'd even see if I could get them to let a burnout be done somewhere on the track, or pit road, or something. Yes, I know something similar was done awhile back, but it needs to be done more than once. I'd have this same team seek out other events to show off at. Heck, we just had the Woodward Dream Cruise here in Michigan. I'd love to have heard a fuel car fire up for those folks. They are all about engines, power and speed. I am not talking about a competing team to do this stuff, I am talking about a team dedicated to EXPOSING the sport we all love so much. There are tons of other events you could fire up a fuel car at, and attract some major attention. How about the parking lot of a major sporting event like football? In these economic times, the NHRA needs to be out fishing for the people that are spending money right now. Fishing for new fans, and new sponsor's. Didn't Obama just have a few of the Nascar guys at the White House? Why not fire a fuel car up for him?

Sorry for the long winded rant, but I just feel the complaints about Force I have been reading recently, go so much deeper than just not liking John Force. I really don't believe it is a like/dislike Force issue. People just want the exposure spread around a little more.

I always tell myself I should stay away from these topics. But, here I am.
I am not as hardcore as some of you on here. I am no longer a racer (happens when family comes along and I am 2000 miles away from dad with the car). I feel I am more than just a casual fan though.
I do think overall ESPN presents a pretty good show most of the time. I honestly did like the pit bike idea. But, didn't need to see it before and after every commercial break. It was a bit much. My fiance had seen that the piece Brittney and and Courtney did for Neff with the fung swey was meant for Courtney's exposure, with Ford Fiesta movement I think.
In a sense, this is a catch 22 for them. JFR, mainly John and Ashley, attract a lot of new fans. So, these new fans want to see them most. Because of that though, they don't see The Greek or Dixon or anyone non JFR.
The shows are trying to appeal to those of you here, that live, breath, bleed drag racing as well as someone tuning in the first time.
Once we have someone introduced, then what?? Steve and Vaughn had some great ideas for different angles.
Stepping off the soap box now. Flame on.

Ugh! Sometimes reading this forum reminds me of my 2nd marriage.....

There's constant arguing and no one's ever satisfied! ;)

DO NOT PUT THE RESULT OF THE SPOILER ALERT/UPSET ALERT IN THE TITLE OF THE THREAD!!!!

Thank You... :) :p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back