UPSET ALERT!!!Ashley Force DQ'd! (1 Viewer)

4g63rwd

Nitro Member
Backup car was too light on the scales......

(W) Jeff Arend (DHL Solara) 0.078 4.359 266.42
(L) Ashley Force Hood (Castrol GTX Mustang) 0.070 4.334 259.96

Arend won here in 1996. Coming into this race, he had no round wins and had never won when he started in the 16th spot in the qualifying order. Force Hood was the number one qualifier for the fifth time this year and the eighth time of her career. She has never won from the top qualifying spot. Force Hood got off the starting block first by a few thousandths of a second. She stayed out in front the whole way down the track, but Arend was closing the gap when they ran out of track. Just as this round of eliminations ended, the announcement was made that Ashley Force Hood's car was DQed because it was light in weight at the scales. That gave the win to Arend.

On a side note.....Are the fuel teams allowed to take their backup car to the scales to make sure they're legal?

Last edited:
On a side note.....Are the fuel teams allowed to take their backup car to the scales to make sure they're legal?

At most tracks, the scales are turned on and open to anyone whenever they're running. Since sportsman had been running all morning, I assume the scales were available to the team. They either didn't think they had time, or didn't think there was any reason to be concerned. Bummer.

Oh great. Now tonight we'll have to listen to 20 minutes of John Force explaining how this Castrol, AAA, blah, blah, Brand Source, blah, blah, Ford Mustang was found to be underweight. Give me a break. Why can't they give some of the other guys a chance to talk to us and plug their sponsors? The pit bike thing was a pathetic waste of air time.

On tle live audio it was indicated (by John I think) that Ashley's team was up until 2am getting the car ready and didn't have tiome to go to the scales. Given all the stuff they had to change, it's not shocking that they got surprised by the weight. Did not hear exactly how light they were.

Oh great. Now tonight we'll have to listen to 20 minutes of John Force explaining how this Castrol, AAA, blah, blah, Brand Source, blah, blah, Ford Mustang was found to be underweight. Give me a break. Why can't they give some of the other guys a chance to talk to us and plug their sponsors? The pit bike thing was a pathetic waste of air time.

Uh....not a Force fan? ;) I'm not a fuel racing fan, really. So it doesn't really matter so much who does what....but it's interesting when racing's First Family violates a rule or 2......

To start another storm.....Ashley cut a pretty good light that round!:D

I actually am a John Force fan, I'm just tired of seeing and hearing him all the time. ESPN should spread the air time around and give us a chance to get to know all the other drivers/crew chiefs, etc, and give them a chance to plug each of their sponsors. I'm sure that there are a lot of other interesting stories out there in the pits besides how many miles John puts on his pit bike in a typical weekend. Please, who cares?

No time to take the car to the scales? I'm not buying it. Someone one on the team should have had the assignment to take the car down first thing this morning and get it weighed. Woudn't have taken that long to do it, I race at Maple Grove it's not that far to the scales from where the pro teams are pitted.

I'll admit, it wasn't quite the 1st round win I had envisioned for Jeff; but y'all know the addadge... a win is a win. I bet that was quite the emotional bomb drop for the DHL team.... week after week after week these guys haven't been able to put it together on raceday...so they get back to the pits, figuring aww damn; we lost a close one, we'll get 'em next race...let's get the car cleaned up, put away & start packing up... then all the sudden it's like, surprise! Oh SH!t! change of plans! LOL :D

Last edited:
I thought UPSET ALERT, was used to inform maters don't go here unless you want the upset news of the race? And buy putting the news subject in the headlines kills the need for the UPSET ALERT.
On the JFR issue they did a hell of a lot of work to stop short of doing a weight check. I bet somebody gets an ear full about this.

I thought UPSET ALERT, was used to inform maters don't go here unless you want the upset news of the race? And buy putting the news subject in the headlines kills the need for the UPSET ALERT.

That would be a Spoiler Alert and I can't remember the last time anyone here used one.

This morning they had the car on the level spot of cement near the fuel pumps still working on it as all the other fc teams were going into the lanes...maybe they really didn't have time...

Interesting that nobody is talking about her bouncing off the wall a couple times after the boom yesterday....it wasn't in the notes on DRC...

You do understand that they have to pay to get interviewed.

Given the content and context of most comments about JFR here on the Mater, I think John Force Racing should be banned from further competition.

Period!!! He's just bad for this sport so it seems.

............................:eek:

Go read the last 25 threads that have anything to do with John Force or his team. It appears, from most here, he's somehow bad for this sport given the comments that continually spew from these posters. If he stepped out of the sport, as it appears many here would somehow relish, the NHRA would be somehow better?????????????????.:confused::confused::

Go read the last 25 threads that have anything to do with John Force or his team. It appears, from most here, he's somehow bad for this sport given the comments that continually spew from these posters. If he stepped out of the sport, as it appears many here would somehow relish, the NHRA would be somehow better?????????????????.:confused::confused::

Bobby,

I think Force team are over exposed for the wrong reasons. Pit bike mileage? Fung Sway or whatever it's called? That's not news, or even INTERESTING.

There are stories about other teams, real drama, real things that people could be interested in. I've been around this sport 30-40 years (according to Chris Cook anyway but according to my own clock, 20 something), and I've heard what Force has to say plenty of times. I'd like to hear about Joe Hartley, The Golden Greek, Clay Millican, Doug Kalitta, Dave Grubnic, Warren Johnson, KJ etc etc, and what they have to say.

Brandon Bernstein, who's father's legacy practically started the big sponsorships, is losing it's sponsor, and you hear practically nil about it. I didn't make it through all the broadcasts, but did they say anything about Haddock and the deal with Densham?

I've been around this sport 30-40 years (according to Chris Cook anyway but according to my own clock, 20 something)

1. I am STILL incredulous Joe told you that, I am going to beat him down at Indy.
2. That was about a year ago exactly, time flies.
3. Also according to me I will be driving a third car for you guys with you as my crew chief, so you should take EVERYTHING I say with a grain of salt.

I now return you to the bashing JFR portion of the program.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back