UPSET ALERT!!!Ashley Force DQ'd! (1 Viewer)

At most tracks, the scales are turned on and open to anyone whenever they're running. Since sportsman had been running all morning, I assume the scales were available to the team. They either didn't think they had time, or didn't think there was any reason to be concerned. Bummer.

from what I understand there was no reason to be concearned, when the car returned there was a large amount of aluminum found in the fuel system causing a check valve to not allow fuel to return to the tank during the burn out and having an additional 2-3 gallons go thru the motor causing the weight problem at the top end (approx 25#)

from what I understand there was no reason to be concearned, when the car returned there was a large amount of aluminum found in the fuel system causing a check valve to not allow fuel to return to the tank during the burn out and having an additional 2-3 gallons go thru the motor causing the weight problem at the top end (approx 25#)

i'd like to think that they aren't cutting it that close on the weight.....i mean what if they get burned down on the starting line, or something of that nature....cutting it that close when it comes to weight would be foolish

i'd like to think that they aren't cutting it that close on the weight.....i mean what if they get burned down on the starting line, or something of that nature....cutting it that close when it comes to weight would be foolish

I agree Mike...On TV they said everything but the timer box was new. Could there be a 10-15 pound difference in a ready to run chassis, and then say a brand new body that does not have 10 pounds of repair work (bondo, patches, etc.) and you can get to 25 lbs. total pretty quick. I don't know if any of that is the case, but I would believe it to be more then just a fuel issue also.

Nitro is 9.4 pounds per gallon.

25 pounds under weight / 9.4 pounds per gallon = 2.6 gallons

IF the return line was indeed blocked, and the fuel system was basically on the high side during the starting procedure, burnout, and backup I could see it using an extra 2.6 gallons...... especially with the big fuel pumps they're using today.

I'm not saying this IS what happened, I'm just throwing it out there as a possibility.

IF the return line was indeed blocked, and the fuel system was basically on the high side during the starting procedure, burnout, and backup I could see it using an extra 2.6 gallons...... especially with the big fuel pumps they're using today.

I'm not saying this IS what happened, I'm just throwing it out there as a possibility.

i would say this was a contribution but not the only factor....like Paul S said the first thing i thought of was the body being brand new and thats where the extra weight was on the other car

Isn't this what they stated on the broadcast?

Isn't this what they stated on the broadcast?

Yeah.. but I would sure hope one would not run the car on that close of a tolerance where a couple gallons of fuel weight is the deciding factor if a car is underweight or not.

Return line blockage, or say, the person they were racing had to get pushed back after the burnout and Ashley had to sit on the line waiting and eat some extra fuel there... Should not make the car too light at the scale.

If this ever plays out again in the future, I'd bet the car hits the scale before it runs.

If a return line was blocked than the engine would flood and not idle....in most cases.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back