Now that we know no one was hurt, How much did Force $pend, yesterday? (1 Viewer)

Husky

Nitro Member
Anyone care to venture a guess on how much yesterday cost Force ? No wonder he was running his litany of sponsors. I'm sure he's calling them, today.:rolleyes:

thats the nice thing about racing on "OPM" (other peoples money), you don't have to worry about it. just the segment of why there is a lot of white smoke after a run looking at the burnt up piston was enuff for me. i couldn't imagine going through the money any nitro team does per run, and now factor in all the extra junk at the end of a bad weekend.

thats the nice thing about racing on "OPM" (other peoples money), you don't have to worry about it. just the segment of why there is a lot of white smoke after a run looking at the burnt up piston was enuff for me. i couldn't imagine going through the money any nitro team does per run, and now factor in all the extra junk at the end of a bad weekend.

It would be "nice" to run on "OPM" however I am sure the sponsors DO want them to worry about it, as in not being reckless. That being said there is obviously risk involved when a sponsor wants to replace veteran drivers(Densham) with a younger less experienced driver. You have to wonder if the sponsors feel any guilt now.

That's one thing Force Never had a problem with; spending other people's Ca$h! I even remember a time in the 90's when he burned one of many cars down, he goes..."I hope they have their checkbook out!"

I bet Yesterday was a $500,000 weekend for the Forcecamp!

It would be "nice" to run on "OPM" however I am sure the sponsors DO want them to worry about it, as in not being reckless. That being said there is obviously risk involved when a sponsor wants to replace veteran drivers(Densham) with a younger less experienced driver. You have to wonder if the sponsors feel any guilt now.

Ashley didn't replace Densham, Hight did

A bunch of years ago, Force ate 8 motors winning a race. 4 in qualifying and 4 on Sunday. It didn't look like the $200,000 bothered him at all.:)

I'm sure parts attrition is figured into their budgets. I doubt they will ever need to call anyone and ask for more money at mid-season.

I remember back when Force started winning races and championships. He said he didn't realize there how much money he could make. His budgets never had an allowance for winnings or contigency money because he either didn't qualify or lost in the early rounds.

I think Force had the Prock "attack w/o mercy" tune up for the final, but it only made it 500 ft (instead of 1000 ft).

The Champ may have burnt up a lot of cash at Sonoma but the sponsors sure got some quality airtime ...........

Mark.

I guess if you look at it one way , we are all paying John's salary by filling our tanks and changing our oil. There must be obscene profit in the oil companies to sponsor these teams. Keep buying Castrol so we can get that 4th car going. Call me a hypocrit. but if anybody else had 1/4 of a pro field entered it wouldn't seem as cool.

That's one thing Force Never had a problem with; spending other people's Ca$h! I even remember a time in the 90's when he burned one of many cars down, he goes..."I hope they have their checkbook out!"

I'd like to see a spreadsheet on that! Ashley - new fuel tank, front end the chassis and repair the body (which didn't look too bad). Since the motor was still running, it was probably not a loss. John - blew it up, but no apparent body damage. Robert - didn't get far enough to damage anything!
And . . . only one qualifying pass per car @ $5000 each instead of four - they saved $45K right there! I'm just messin' with 'ya - but it was probably more like ONLY $200K - could be a bargain if they blew up a bunch of motors in qualifying or grenaded a few $60K bodies - :D

You may be right Jim, that was just a guess. But ask any of those teams how much a run costs and it's a LOT more than $5,000! That I'll bet on....:cool:

The Champ may have burnt up a lot of cash at Sonoma but the sponsors sure got some quality airtime ...........

Mark.

Mark, you are getting a week ahead of yourself. This race was Seattle and Sonoma is coming up this weekend, or did you look into your crystal ball and see it all happen again this weekend? Heh heh heh ;)

John's annual budget for 3 cars is over $11,000,000....therefore, when you figure in that his budget covers parts attrition, damage, etc....He spent $5000,000 this weekend..Now, if you look at specifically WHEN the dollars are spent through a season, for sure he added $150,000+ to that yesterday...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back