Alan Reinhart at the boats??? (1 Viewer)

"Dr. Dirt"

Nitro Member
So I'm relaxing in the stands at Fireturd watching the IHBA World Finals boat races and on the PA comes our own Alan Reinhart. He was just as knowledgeable about the boat races as he is about the cars and equally as congenial in the stands as he has always been.

What's the boat count in Top Fuel? How did the TFHs do in qualifying? I'll be heading over there Sunday so I hope they make some decent passes.

I stopped over on Friday afternoon, on the 1st pass 3 out of 6 made it pass the 660' marker. It looked like the total boat count was down from last year.

What's the boat count in Top Fuel? How did the TFHs do in qualifying? I'll be heading over there Sunday so I hope they make some decent passes.
I couldn't verify the total boat count in any class but we watched back to back full pulls on Friday of 245 then 250 MPH. That was worth the admission alone and we came mostly to see the SS and K boats since we sponsored an SS this weekend. There were dozens of Pro Mod boats and my favorite part of the day was when about 10 of them entered into the gambler. Kinda fun seeing bracket boat racing with 100 MPH of separation at the finish line.
All in all, our entire family had a blast as we do every year. Of course, it was still Fireturd without TP/soap/towels in the restrooms but they did have ferris wheels for pulling down additional revenue for Charlie and even running water in some restrooms?

Last edited:
Boat count down a bit, but Full fiedls in all classes. Round 1 T/F --Speed Sport (4.73) vs Toxic Rocket, Hot Licks Bullet vs Problem Child, Nitro Chicken vs Disorderly Conduct, Liquid Quiker vs Whiskey River. Weather is great, and Alan was great per usual.

Before joining the world of the rich and famous, Alan was one of the track announcers at Firebird and I am sure his duties included the boats at Firebird Lake.

I met Alan back in 1995 when he crewed on Scott Price's Kentucky Thunder, I heard him talking and I asked are you the guy who announces at NHRA races? He said yes.....strange how that works!:p:eek:;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back