Pics from the boats. (1 Viewer)

B

Buzzz Miller

Just getting set up a pictures page from this last weekends IHBA World Finals.
Keep checking back throughout the day as I will be posting more, and a short little plip about each picture.
But thought we needed some fun after the Pomona event.
B-pics

Way cool, Buzzz! I'll be checking back throughout the day. Thanks for putting those together for the 'maters!

Wow Buzz, I'm embarrassed to load my pics. Yours are on a different level all together! You must have a Killer Zoom to get that close! Too bad I never ran into You or the Doc on Saturday.

Ok, I got a dumb question for you guys.

Keep in mind I’ve never been to a boat race. I noticed some of the boats in the pictures that Buzzz posted had their injector hats facing backwards.

Click Buzzz’s link then scroll down to….
Picture number 5, 1st picture in the series, red boat.
Picture number 11, K-13 red, white and blue boat.
And picture number 14, K-69 blue and white boat.

What is the advantage of doing it this way?

All the boats you refered to are circle racers and they often run in or cross the prop-wash of a competitor making it very tough to keep it fired with buckets of water heading down the scoop. In drag racing boats there are some boat racers that feel the advantage of not getting any water into the induction system outweighs the performance advantage of the forced air received facing forward.
It's very common in the circle boats and quite uncommon in the drag boats.
Hope that helps?

You were there on Saturday?
How on earth did I miss you?
Buzzz

All the boats you refered to are circle racers and they often run in or cross the prop-wash of a competitor making it very tough to keep it fired with buckets of water heading down the scoop. In drag racing boats there are some boat racers that feel the advantage of not getting any water into the induction system outweighs the performance advantage of the forced air received facing forward.
It's very common in the circle boats and quite uncommon in the drag boats.
Hope that helps?

Thanks Doc, that makes perfect sense. :)

I noticed on all the top fuel boats the motors are backwards. Why is this?

PS. 250mph on water those guys are very, very brave.

Just getting set up a pictures page from this last weekends IHBA World Finals.
Keep checking back throughout the day as I will be posting more, and a short little plip about each picture.
But thought we needed some fun after the Pomona event.
B-pics
The loud mouth that was behind you in the yellow shirt is Billy B from Krazy Kolors Paint in Upland CA. I guess he paints alot of boats. Those pics are awesome Buzz!

Last edited:
I know Billy, and Gordy Jennings of Paul Pfaff racing engines, who is sitting next to him. Just jabbin at both of them. They really need it. And Gordy kept calling me a girl on Friday night. So he needed the grilling even more.

Buzzz,
From what I've heard, no one with any remote portion of sanity would think of doing that............:D
My dad used to have a saying "Man, if I was as big as that guy, I would charge people a dollar a piece, just to let them live."
Great pics btw, at times I really miss the D'boat scene, made a lot of good friends...................(Heavy sigh...)

Went to a drag boat race here in MI once, years ago. Was really looking forward to the racing. Alas, I haphazardly stumbled upon this wet t-shirt contest that was going on. The dang crowd was so huge I just couldn't find my way to the beach to see the boats, darn it. So anyway, I'm so glad you posted these great pics at the boat races. Now I can finally say I saw them! Thanks!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back