Alan Johnson (1 Viewer)

Dragracer

Nitro Member
Haven't seen Alan Johnson at the races lately. The announcers say he is tuning Scrappers from home. This not like him, he hasn't missed races in years. Anyone know what's happening? Hope he is OK.

The Torrance's have been running rough shot on the field for the last 4 years and the only one, i feel that can stop them is Johnson, but in order to do that he needs a well funded, full time team with an experienced driver. No disrespect to Salinas but he doesn't seem to yet be on the same level as some of the other veteran drivers.

Sometimes running a business requires you to take care of your business in person.I'm very sure Mike Salinas understands that more than anyone. Tuning by Zoom sure didn't hurt the car at Epping.

Salinas has never been an Antron Brown when it comes to reaction times. Some people just aren't as quick as others, regardless of how much seat time they have. But he doesn't have a problem with funding and he's out there doing what he enjoys with tons of family support. I like Salinas and the sport needs all the nitro drivers it can get right now.

Salinas has never been an Antron Brown when it comes to reaction times. Some people just aren't as quick as others, regardless of how much seat time they have. But he doesn't have a problem with funding and he's out there doing what he enjoys with tons of family support. I like Salinas and the sport needs all the nitro drivers it can get right now.
looking over the reaction times for top fuel and Mike (on average) did better ,or close to, Leah and was in the same range as Brittany. if your talking about drivers with great cars but slow or uneven reaction times i think Mike does better than Leah and Brittany. In general i think there is a problem with reaction times in both nitro categories. leah, Brittany, Alexis, even Tim are too often slow or uneven off the line. You might say it doesn't matter much since Brittany won a championship with lackluster RT's. But the points race might be alot more interesting if those drivers RT's would improve.

Forget the reaction time, He has Alan Johnson to back him up H.P. wise.
Well no, he lost on a slight hole shot to Torrence, so AJ's power didn't compensate. And in reality, they all have the same power. It's really about the setup and consistency, and when it's that close, it's up to the driver. That Epping TF final was just a great, close race.

"Salinas has never been an Antron Brown when it comes to reaction times. Some people just aren't as quick as others, regardless of how much seat time they have".

Total Reaction Times are not really as simple as some think. Once a driver gets X number of runs in a particular Car (Bike) their Motor Skills are only a part of reaction times. It is highly unlikley that a driver can acurately (consistantly) adjust their part of the leave by Eye - Hand - Foot - Brain co-ordination by thousants or even a hundreth of a second alone. Making subtle changes to the car or even the staging process is as important as every thing else. When A.J. came over to Brittney the first thing he did was to replace the seat, the pedal positions and possibly brake lever etc. as well as mindset. Some things like brake pressure - throttle position - and other adjustments may have to be made through out the day depending on track and weather conditions. It is also important to do everything exactly the same way which is why some want to stage first or last. Fifteen or twenty seconds difference in run time after fire up can absolutely affect the heat of the Clutch or the Motor which in turn affects the whole run, especially the leave. When someone waits and burns up more fuel the balance also changes. That is why a GOOD driver (and Crew) knows what the guy (girl) in the other lane usually does and is/are ready for it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back