For Master Crew Chiefs! Isn't this how it works? (1 Viewer)

NitroRichFire

Nitro Member
Here I go assuming things again, but I may be way off base, so here goes. I assuming on the Al Anabi team, Alan Johnson is the Master Crew Chief. He looks at all the data from the cars he's tuning, figures out what tune up to put into top fuel car Jason is tuning, then the top fuel car Brian is tuning and any other top fuel car Alan is helping to tune, then passes this information to the crew chief on each top fuel car. Then those crew chief make sure the timers for fuel systems, clutch systems, timing system and what ever else there is, are set the way Alan's information says from the data he looked at. Or am I way off base here? I assumed when Austin Coil was with JFR, he was the Master Crew Chief. I don't know who would hold that role at DRS.

I believe they do everything they can to eliminate variables and setup the cars as similarly as possible ... then the crew chiefs are free to put the last few touches on the cars as they see fit, which is why you will see cars from the same team run a several hundredths off each other in the same round, like Zippy running a 4.03 and Papa John running a 4.08 in the final.

(I also fully acknowledge that I could be way off base)

I believe they do everything they can to eliminate variables and setup the cars as similarly as possible ... then the crew chiefs are free to put the last few touches on the cars as they see fit, which is why you will see cars from the same team run a several hundredths off each other in the same round, like Zippy running a 4.03 and Papa John running a 4.08 in the final.

(I also fully acknowledge that I could be way off base)

It sounds pretty accurate to me. Basically team tune ups with the individual tuner having the final say on how their car is set up.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back