Air Planes (1 Viewer)

Another interesting tidbit, related to NHRA racing and airplanes if you haven't seen it.... further evedince of a very strong working relationship between Kalitta Air and DHL..... There's a hybrid paint livrey on the at least one of the Kalitta B74's.... all white forward section, with a yellow aft and tail. Relatively subtle Kalitta Air and DHL logos on each half of the plane. Looks good.

Another interesting tidbit, related to NHRA racing and airplanes if you haven't seen it.... further evedince of a very strong working relationship between Kalitta Air and DHL..... There's a hybrid paint livrey on the at least one of the Kalitta B74's.... all white forward section, with a yellow aft and tail. Relatively subtle Kalitta Air and DHL logos on each half of the plane. Looks good.

thanks chris....found a pic of it.
Photos: Boeing 747-4H6(BCF) Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net

DHL has stopped doing business within the US but still does business from the US to other countries. Kalitta Air has the contract with DHL to carry their freight from the US to overseas destinations. You can go on the Kalitta Air website to see the flight schedules for all their aircraft.

Not quite true... We receive an Air Shipment this Week from Germany. DHL still does Inbound Air Freight. Even small packages from overseas... And... they will also carry shipments The war-zone...

d'kid

DHL no longer has offices within the US to move items within the US. If an item is shipped from outside the US to the US it is still taken care of but you cannot ship DHL from your city to a person in another city within the US. They decided they could not compete with UPS.

layover in newark last wednesday - saw two Kalitta 747's parked;
for what it's worth, don't travel thru too many major int'l. airports, seeing
all the 'heavies' is really cool although no A380, still haven't seen in person.

all the 'heavies' is really cool although no A380, still haven't seen in person.

Made it out to the airport when Airbus brought in the 380 for a dog and pony show for the late, great Northwest in 2008.

I've got a picture of it here somewhere that I took of it that day.

It was absolutely monstrous in proportions. They had several large service trucks parked next to it, over by the new North/South runway. It made them look like little Tonka toys. It was an absolute beast.

If you want to see a big big plane take a look on-line at the Russian built AN-124. It is the worlds largest airfreighter.
Has been used by US companies many times. I saw one at Houston Airport a few years back. It was hugh. I don't know how it compares in size with the new Airbus but it does weigh more. Airbus has no plans to reconfigure its new plane as a freighter.

terry, yes the an-124 is quite a plane....larger than a380?...looks like maybe.

the new a350 and it's variants will eventually feature a dedicated freighter.
smaller a350's to compete w/dreamliner, larger versions to replace a340's
and compete with 777's

terry, yes the an-124 is quite a plane....larger than a380?...looks like maybe.

the new a350 and it's variants will eventually feature a dedicated freighter.
smaller a350's to compete w/dreamliner, larger versions to replace a340's
and compete with 777's

We had a Russian An-124 land here at Kirtland, people who got up close said that was a Death trap! Bald Tires, Fluid leaking out! Guess the Russians aren't up to our safety standards!

getting back to airplanes & drag racing.
why is it tail sections have existed like this for decades but for some reason
the monotail design is still not allowed?
Redirect Notice

furthermore, why can't the wing (horizontal stabilizer) be swept back on the
left and right sides of center point? maybe that is not the best scenario
for max. downforce? (still using multi-element wing w/spillplates)
Redirect Notice

can not tell me a tail/wing like that would not be an eyeturner for
our sport.... sponsors could decorate TF'rs damn near the same
style as is seen on airliners.... color/logo scheme from front
wing all the way up the tail.... a drag racing billboard maybe more
enticing to sponsors than the side of a FC

Last edited:
I did read once where John Force said that he didn't need a private plane. He had as many as he needed, and they were all owned by United Airlines.

If you want to see a big big plane take a look on-line at the Russian built AN-124. It is the worlds largest airfreighter.
Has been used by US companies many times. I saw one at Houston Airport a few years back. It was hugh. I don't know how it compares in size with the new Airbus but it does weigh more. Airbus has no plans to reconfigure its new plane as a freighter.

The Antonov AN-225 is larger than the AN-124, here is a comparison chart with the A-380 and the 747.

I saw this Aircraft fly in and out of Avalon Airfield in Australia when I worked there. It was picking up some motor vehicle panel dies for Ford Motor Company that were going to Asia.

Very impressive!

antonov-225-photos.jpg

Giant_Plane_Comparison.jpg

I flew on QANTAS's A380 on the Sydney-LA leg a couple of years ago in Business Class. It is a very nice machine inside.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back