a 'mater idea; graphic designer may be needed (1 Viewer)

blackbeard

Nitro Member
ok, here's the deal. i've recently converted my father in law into a NHRA junkie (he's a NASCAR crossover). he's a smart guy, but he's had some trouble remembering which driver drives for which owner, which drivers are owned by different teams but are under the same "camp," who crew chiefs for who, etc etc. etc.. i then came up with the idea of having some sort of graphical reference, sort of a family tree type deal, which explains this stuff. however, my graphic design skills are less than stellar. so...would anyone be interested in doing this? maybe we can get some input from mater members to make this a viable reference for new NHRA fans?

what i envision is each driver having a block, which includes the driver's name, his/her crew chief, and his/her sponsor (maybe have the sponsors logo instead of just the company's name). then, the blocks are connected by team ownership, and/or "data partnerships."

i'm always bringing new people to races, and i tell you this, they would love to have something like this in their hands during the race. BUT, if it's a dumb idea, just tell me straight up:):D

Last edited:
ok, here's the deal. i've recently converted my father in law into a NHRA junkie (he's a NASCAR crossover). he's a smart guy, but he's had some trouble remembering which driver drives for which owner, which drivers are owned by different teams but are under the same "camp," who crew chiefs for who, etc etc. etc.. i then came up with the idea of having some sort of graphical reference, sort of a family tree type deal, which explains this stuff. however, my graphic design skills are less than stellar. so...would anyone be interested in doing this? maybe we can get some input from mater members to make this a viable reference for new NHRA fans?

what i envision is each driver having a block, which includes the driver's name, his/her crew chief, and his/her sponsor (maybe have the sponsors logo instead of just the company's name). then, the blocks are connected by team ownership, and/or "data partnerships."

i'm always bringing new people to races, and i tell you this, they would love to have something like this in their hands during the race. BUT, if it's a dumb idea, just tell me straight up:):D

Sounds like you need a gool ole Org Chart - I think it's agreat idea.

I'd be happy to do it, but free time is at a premium right now. I could work on it in a week or two..

I say go with something along the Scotish crest theme

Lance,
What you want is not that big of deal to do, BUT you have to have all the information complete before you even start. Other wise you are always changing the graphic.

Suggestion is to start creating a list of drivers/team info and subhead them under each class.

At that point you will have a better understanding of the amount of work needed to get this done.
jim

All you need is an umbrella over all drivers from what I gather?

That was only a joke!
Good luck charting this Lance.

I would think an excel spreadsheet would work well for this.

This should cover it:
2 Very Large Umbrellas
4 Large Umbrellas
Truck loads of double Umbrellas
Another truck load of single Umbrellas
and something like a rain coat that would inter-twine between them all.......:p

I would think an excel spreadsheet would work well for this.

This should cover it:
2 Very Large Umbrellas
4 Large Umbrellas
Truck loads of double Umbrellas
Another truck load of single Umbrellas
and something like a rain coat that would inter-twine between them all.......:p

I vote for 4 very large umbrella's - of course I don't know who you are including in the original 2 - but my guess is that Knoll and Lucas outspend Force and Shoe

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back