A little "Did You Know" fact about the mater... (1 Viewer)

Hey Paul...I too raced for team low et. What was your handle? Mine was DixonfanLETR.

I am pretty sure it was AussiePaul. I was only a part of the team for a short time as I couldn't keep up with the time required.

I can't remember the name of the guy that recruited me.

I first found the Old Mater around '99! Don't remember when exactly, but Fat daddy and Bob Mitchell were the Pat McGill's/Rodge at the time! But I do remember calling up my friend Lyle Greenberg just about every race week back in 1992 to tell me what was posted on Compuserve!

The actual history of this site is a bit different than told... only Jerrod can tell you what really happened.

Jim

Yep Jim, we all know there are always 3 sides to every story.....one side, the other side....and the truth. :)

I too am yet another convert from the old Snake board. That was a much different Mater back then (exactly when that was is no longer clear to me...2002 maybe? could be earlier even). Hours each evening in the chat room...driver interaction...it was mostly all good ;) . Amazing to see how far it's come, and the sheer numbers of members now.

Hey Kelly, I think we joined up about the same time. Capps Crusaders and TJ's Troopers!

I too am yet another convert from the old Snake board. That was a much different Mater back then (exactly when that was is no longer clear to me...2002 maybe? could be earlier even). Hours each evening in the chat room...driver interaction...it was mostly all good ;) . Amazing to see how far it's come, and the sheer numbers of members now.

Hey Kelly, I think we joined up about the same time. Capps Crusaders and TJ's Troopers!
OMG girl! I think I remember posting a pic or two for you...AND an avatar? LOL But I've slept since then....may be a little foggy. ;)

I would LOVE to hear Jim Jannard's side of the story regarding this website. Or even Jerrod's for that matter.

I found this board through the Nitrosim site back in the late 90's. It was really interesting at the start to see who would drop in. And cringing at some who dropped in a little too frequently. I became a mod for a while after one of the early blowouts and I'm really pleased to see how it has turned out.

And the NHRA game.
I remember taking my computer and the NHRA game to the local shop and telling them to do what ever it took to get the game running right. Just like the real thing. Dropped frames were giving me fits...LOL.
And right when I thought I was getting good I discovered the guys on line and got my ass handed to me. Just like the real thing:eek:

You knew you were on a pass in the long car when it carried the wheels for 1320.

I searched for a "Nitro drag racing forum" on Google circa 2005 (maybe late 2004) and this is where I joined. I have always read more than post. There's too many nuts on here to jump in every post. :D

DLB

I first found the Old Mater around '99! Don't remember when exactly, but Fat daddy and Bob Mitchell were the Pat McGill's/Rodge at the time! But I do remember calling up my friend Lyle Greenberg just about every race week back in 1992 to tell me what was posted on Compuserve!

Fat Daddy...now that name brings back some memories..LOL I don't remember when I signed on to this board. Not a frequent poster but lurked on the DPR forums also...I still have my nitromater lanyard somewhere! LOL

And the NHRA game.
I remember taking my computer and the NHRA game to the local shop and telling them to do what ever it took to get the game running right. Just like the real thing. Dropped frames were giving me fits...LOL.
And right when I thought I was getting good I discovered the guys on line and got my ass handed to me. Just like the real thing:eek:

You knew you were on a pass in the long car when it carried the wheels for 1320.

I miss the applet.............

I dont remember exactly when I found this place, it was in 2003 I believe. Cant believe its been 5 years. I just stumbled upon it looking for NHRA results and I signed up and been here ever since. I have met some truly great people thru this site.

I found the mater through nitrosim as well quite a few years ago. It's nice to see a few of the old online racing guys, but the "real names" is different. Man I miss that game, the events, the people, the fun. Besides, how many people can say they beat Ron Capps in a Funny Car. So heres a shout to Dixonfan,Assasin,Misfit,Danno, and my teammate AR1Ricko.

MamSnoopdawg or AR1Snoop.

P.S. If your going to BIR this year Danno, I'll look you up.:)

its been fun...and yeah the story is a lil bit different. I will jot down what I remember soon.

Thanks to all who visit and keep the love alive...

oh yeah almost forgot...I never hated the "O" bought my 1st pair when i was in the 7th grade (1987) with money I got from washing cars and doing lawns.

Hey you gotta watch that scott fella.....

Little story bout him...

The last IHRA national event they held at cordova IL scott drives down to hang out with my brother and I.. Anyhow We end up having a great time (maybe too good).. Here is the short version of the events...

Scott got me drunk... He then Pushed me into the fire and stole my picture...

Scott if you ever get back down this way I guarntee we will have more fun then last time..lol

Shane "Assasin" Boyungs

sorry its been a while. just an outside looking in deal. as far as talking about the oakley deal i meant it in a humourous tone. anyway, i thought it would be a fun post but I guess I've ruffled a few feathers...

anyway the point is jerrod and rod have done well for themselves from an online drag racing league.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back