Did you know this????? (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
(I didn't)

I received this email from a friend today.And, being the doubting Thomas I am, went immediately to my role of Reynolds wrap. Darned if that little tab isn't there ... on both ends yet!!

I've been using aluminum foil for more years than I care to remember. Great stuff, but sometimes it can be a pain. You know, like when you are in the middle of doing something and you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box. Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over. The darn roll always comes out at the wrong time.

Well, I would like to share this with you. Yesterday I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it and looked at the end of the box.

And written on the end it said, 'Press here to lock
end'. Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in
place. How long has this little locking tab been there?

I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too. I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too! I can't count the number of times the Saran wrap roll has jumped out when I was trying to cover something up.

I'm sharing this with my friends that did not know this.I hope I'm not the only person that didn't know about this.

Yep, I knew this! What I can never remember, and my mom swears it makes a difference, is do I put the food on the dull side or the shiney side?

I knew about the tabby thingys! I don't know about dull vs shiny though. For some reason I always put the food on the dull side. Must be because that's how my Mom does it. If she's wrong I want to know so I can bust her chops! I swear, according to her she's never been wrong a day in her life! :rolleyes:;)

Yep, I knew this! What I can never remember, and my mom swears it makes a difference, is do I put the food on the dull side or the shiney side?

I was taught that if you want heat to reflect away from the food, put it on the dull side. If you want to have a lot of heat, put it on the shiny side.
I never noticed a difference myself, but that is what I have been told.

You know what Jackee? That article doesn't do me ANY good whatsoever. :p I could print it out, show my mom, and then next time when she comes over, and sees the wrong side of alluminum sticking out of my oven, it'll be WWIII.

It's still better, to when in doubt, call her up and say "Dull side or shiny side" because her laughing at me for never getting it right, is far better than her yelling at me that I got it wrong.

Trust me.

Maybe it's a guy thing (or maybe it's an Alan thing:p) but whenever I try to use saran wrap, it never tears straight, and ends up wadded up like a ball......

I was taught that if you want heat to reflect away from the food, put it on the dull side. If you want to have a lot of heat, put it on the shiny side.
I never noticed a difference myself, but that is what I have been told.

Congradulations Lori #100, PM Alan Loder and he will tell you what you win.

All does nights the foil fell out of the box I was blaming it on the beer. Damm it! :eek:

All does nights the foil fell out of the box I was blaming it on the beer. Damm it! :eek:

I didn't even notice that Jesse. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Wanna go to Topeka with me this weekend? Give me a call.

All does nights huh? Do you have a cold? lol

Don't you just hate it when that kind of typo goes in? :p

I'm glad I'm not the only one that happens to. :eek:

It's like when you mean to type hearted and you type harded, or hate and type had, or through and throw. Ah, I could go on for ever on that one!

Dyslexic's untie!

Last edited:
Maybe it's a guy thing (or maybe it's an Alan thing:p) but whenever I try to use saran wrap, it never tears straight, and ends up wadded up like a ball......

You're NOT the only one Alan. I hate that stuff. I think it's Costco that sells a brand that comes with a cutter/slicer to get it off the roll, and it doesn't stick to itself like the Saran wrap does.

You know what Jackee? That article doesn't do me ANY good whatsoever. :p I could print it out, show my mom, and then next time when she comes over, and sees the wrong side of alluminum sticking out of my oven, it'll be WWIII.

It's still better, to when in doubt, call her up and say "Dull side or shiny side" because her laughing at me for never getting it right, is far better than her yelling at me that I got it wrong.

Trust me.

Sorry Jenn. I tried. I honestly tried! :p

All does nights huh? Do you have a cold? lol

Don't you just hate it when that kind of typo goes in? :p

I'm glad I'm not the only one that happens to. :eek:

It's like when you mean to type hearted and you type harded, or hate and type had, or through and throw. Ah, I could go on for ever on that one!

Dyslexic's untie!

Thanks Jenn, i just noticed it when i got on, i was so excited about Jackie's post i forgot what i learned in English class.:D

Thanks Jenn, i just noticed it when i got on, i was so excited about Jackie's post i forgot what i learned in English class.:D

I try to tell people (specifically my family) that writing using the wrong words and having people still make sense of what you've wrote despite the wrong words is an ART.

If you want to insulate hot food, why wrap it in a metal that's known for it's heat DISSIPATING qualities? I never figured that one out.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back