A-Fuel down to 96% Nitro (1 Viewer)

Well I think they need to change something, maybe the name of the class to a/f ???heck blower cars not running with them..I realy like the blower cars myself..

I think it'd be better if they changed both TA/FC and T/AD to injected fuel classes...run 98% ...better training ground for the jump to T/F and AA/FC

I think it'd be better if they changed both TA/FC and T/AD to injected fuel classes...run 98% ...better training ground for the jump to T/F and AA/FC

Does that mean that because Gary Scelzi, Cruz Pedregon, Doug Herbert, Tim Wilkerson, Tony Shumacher, Darrell Russell, Doug Foley, Mike Strasburg, Cory Mac, Mike Ashley, and Jack Beckman DIDN'T learn in A-Fuel cars that they aren't properly trained???:confused:

Does that mean that because Gary Scelzi, Cruz Pedregon, Doug Herbert, Tim Wilkerson, Tony Shumacher, Darrell Russell, Doug Foley, Mike Strasburg, Cory Mac, Mike Ashley, and Jack Beckman DIDN'T learn in A-Fuel cars that they aren't properly trained???:confused:

I thought Gary Scelzi DID drive alcohol dragsters? Jack Beckman drove alcohol funny cars. Mike Ashley drove alcohol funnies with shorter wheelbases and doors. :D

My fault. Brain fart. Mistakingly thought he said they should drive alcohol cars first.

I'd rather see drag racing be as popular as NASCAR is with the general public, then maybe there'd be funds available to have blown alcohol and injected nitro classes for dragsters AND funny cars. I'm sure that's thinking that's WAY too progressive. :) Of course, then maybe you could split the pro mods, as well. I know. Taboo thinking. Next think you know, I'd be dreaming about 64 car funny car fields. That could NEVER happen! ;)

Last edited:
Before you all start screaming about the sky falling, ask Bill Reichert what % he was running when he ran the record in Houston.

Alan

Before you all start screaming about the sky falling, ask Bill Reichert what % he was running when he ran the record in Houston.

Alan

96.5% With all do respect Alan, he is ONE car and ONE man....let's kick all of the other A FOOLERS in the pills because of Bill's bad ass run! Makes sense to me....A FOOLERS were laughed at back when Bushey was running them...years of hard work and figuring it out gets you a penalty....God I love Drag Racing!

Kevin Brown

Kevin,

I agree with you. This has been going on for many years, it is not an easy thing to keep the field level. Back in the day, it was the alcohol burning cars with the different weight breaks that would have to adjust from time to time, then the A-Fuel revolution has made it even tougher. I didn't mean to be flippant.

Alan

Kevin,

I agree with you. This has been going on for many years, it is not an easy thing to keep the field level. Back in the day, it was the alcohol burning cars with the different weight breaks that would have to adjust from time to time, then the A-Fuel revolution has made it even tougher. I didn't mean to be flippant.

Alan

LOL..Alan...."Flippant"? No offense taken hell I don't want to pizz you off....I like you and feel you have done a bunch for the TAD/TAFC classes...I was merely pointing out my position is all....the word "Parity" will NEVER belong or exsist in any class of NHRA....Apples and Oranges....Let's chop em up and we will have fruit salad!

Sorry for being Obtuse.....oh and THANK YOU for standing behind our classes and for doing what you do....

Peace, KB

NHRA needs to get their heads screwed on right and just allow the damn Gizmo blower.

TA/FC Won't happen, they've discussed it at length, but there were some very Serious Explosions that prohibit this from moving forward.

Randy G (IMO) may know more about this than I.

As for the TAD's and A/Fuels, I'm not a dragster girl (obviously), so I have no comment at all, it wouldn't be coming from any knowledge only opinion, however, I fully support the class, either blown or fuel, and always cheer for the winner no matter how it turns out.

As for better training ground, I believe that is Your Opinion Only, which you are entitled to. However, If you can Successfully Drive an Alky Flopper, KEY WORD SUCCESSFULLY (and I would have to include a clutch Pro Mod car in that), that is one of the Best ways for training to a nitro funny car, from my understanding (and I won't share names), there are some things harder about alky than the fuel, and vice versa, the most obvious to that, is everything happens a bit faster with the GO GO Juice.

LOL..Alan...."Flippant"? No offense taken hell I don't want to pizz you off....I like you and feel you have done a bunch for the TAD/TAFC classes...I was merely pointing out my position is all....the word "Parity" will NEVER belong or exsist in any class of NHRA....Apples and Oranges....Let's chop em up and we will have fruit salad!

Sorry for being Obtuse.....oh and THANK YOU for standing behind our classes and for doing what you do....

Peace, KB

It's always been my opinion that drag racing isn't about parity. It's about who brought the baddest hot rod. The unfortunate side effect is that the guy with the baddest hot rod is generally the one with the deepest wallet. Pure genius just doesn't cut it anymore. If it did, you'd see the Brent Fannings and Don Sosenkas of the world winning the championships.

No,but it just seems it would help develop more teams not just drivers,that are interested in the future jump to the pro fuel classes.

TA/FC Won't happen, they've discussed it at length, but there were some very Serious Explosions that prohibit this from moving forward.

Randy G (IMO) may know more about this than I.

As for the TAD's and A/Fuels, I'm not a dragster girl (obviously), so I have no comment at all, it wouldn't be coming from any knowledge only opinion, however, I fully support the class, either blown or fuel, and always cheer for the winner no matter how it turns out.

As for better training ground, I believe that is Your Opinion Only, which you are entitled to. However, If you can Successfully Drive an Alky Flopper, KEY WORD SUCCESSFULLY (and I would have to include a clutch Pro Mod car in that), that is one of the Best ways for training to a nitro funny car, from my understanding (and I won't share names), there are some things harder about alky than the fuel, and vice versa, the most obvious to that, is everything happens a bit faster with the GO GO Juice.

Nancy...no disrespect toards the drivers,but I think(yes it's my opinion) that this may help develop teams interested in the jump to the pro nitro ranks.Only my opinion....

Nancy...no disrespect toards the drivers,but I think(yes it's my opinion) that this may help develop teams interested in the jump to the pro nitro ranks.Only my opinion....

How does running an A-Fuel car prepare a team for TF? The Cost and tuning curve's completely different. Has any A-Fuel Tuner been successful as a TF/FC Crewchief?

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back