Zmax track conditions.... (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
Mark Rebilas posted on Facebook "Del Worsham's crew chief said the track surface from the starting line to 550' is awesome! After that it's like the surface of the Moon!". Lol

You won't find that sentiment in the cars that don't have giant wings and spoilers...

Talking to my son today about the problems at Zmax.
He told me that a WKA legal Kart track was built on property owned by the Speedway (Smith). It sank after the 1st. Year it was built on swampnland. LOL

Then I got to thinking back around 2007 at Bristol they had a problem with the track coming apart. Anyone remember the details?

On ESPN3 last night they said just walking across it with street shoes could pull it up (I think V Gaines said this, but not certain). I don't know the recipe for concrete, but something was done wrong if there is no internal bond.

Probably used too much water when they poured it, more water keeps it workable longer, but lets the rock settle to the bottom, and the sand, and cement goes up top. I'd bet from 1 inch down to the top of the surface there is hardly any rock. When you look at V's crash in slow motion when his car hits the concrete it looks just like plowing in sand at too fast a speed.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back