Safety Safari Oildown????? (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
Apparently one of the Tire draggers the Safety safari uses broke a fluid line and put oil on the track from the 330 to the finish line at Zmax! David Smith posted this on Facebook, I wonder who will get fined?

This is America.....we need an enterprising inventor that can develop asphalt that gets stickier when oil is poured on it!

either that or stop naming race tracks after petroleum products!

If Morgan Lucas oils down ZMaxx dragway, does his car go quicker?:confused:

How does anybody not notice a tire-dragger going 15 mph dumping fluid all the way down the track?! Nobody paying attention to what's going on there or what?

How does anybody not notice a tire-dragger going 15 mph dumping fluid all the way down the track?! Nobody paying attention to what's going on there or what?
Now can you ask that question? This is NHRA we are talking about. After they have the money in their pocket there is not much they care about.

Now can you ask that question? This is NHRA we are talking about. After they have the money in their pocket there is not much they care about.

In all fairness, there isn't someone walking next to the machine all the way down the track that would have or could have noticed it. While I have complaints about NHRA, it is silly to think they don't care enough to basically sabotage their own event:rolleyes:

In all fairness, there isn't someone walking next to the machine all the way down the track that would have or could have noticed it. While I have complaints about NHRA, it is silly to think they don't care enough to basically sabotage their own event:rolleyes:
Nobody else out there in vehicles driving the track? Nobody in the tower or on the ground with a pair of binoculars checking things out? If I was in the stands and saw one of the machines dumping shit on the track I'd be jumping the fence and making it known.

and with the walls next to the track I doubt you would be able to see it unless it was gushing out. I don't expect someone from the tower to be eagle-eyeing with binoculars down the track. I don't think we are talking about and old faithful geyser making a mess but a simple leak below it.

A simple mistake. We have plenty of things to complain/debate about with the NHRA, it seems a bit cheap to overly bash them on something like this.

They will use any excuse they can to save money
Not saying they sabotage anything. I am saying after they have your money, racer and fan, they don't give a rats a$$ about anything.

While I agree that they don't seem to pay enough attention the fan's ROI at this point, I don't think they care so little that they intentionally allow their machines to oil the track. I think that's a bit unreasonable. When fans start acting and talking like that it tends to take away from legitimate complaints an issues.

[QUOTE="PJ Sapienza, post: and with the walls next to the track I doubt you would be able to see it unless it was gushing out.

See, just another problem with track side walls. :p

Okay, so let me just ask this. If it was really a broken fluid line (whether hydraulic, brake, whatever) then what good would seeing it when it happened have done? Do you stop the tractor so now instead of there just being a small stream down the lane which is easy enough to clean up, you have this thing sitting dead in the water with a pool of fluid building up underneath it and possible going over into the other lane. When something like this happens, it's nobody's fault. Just fix it and move on.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back