A Msg From Marty Thacker (1 Viewer)

mike

Nitro Member
Gainesville crash

For all of you who have sent notes and messages asking about our crash at the Gatornationals. I am OK.
The car went out about 100' and started shaking the tires and pulling to the right. I was steering left when the steering shaft broke. The car made a hard move right and side swiped the concrete wall at the 330' mark. All the safety equipment worked pretty well, but my right sholder was driven into the shoulder bar. I have a grade 2 seperation in my shoulder, and they tell me I am going to be sore for 2 or 3 weeks. The car is in alittle worse shape. It wasted the front and rear clip. Hopefully we can get her rebuilt, before too much of the season passes us by.
I have to say thanks to my crew, who always takes great care of me. I'm sorry they had to go through all that. Also kudos to the NHRA Safety Safari (especially Rusty), and the staff at Shands (UF) Hospital in Gainesville. Also thanks to all my friends who are checking up on me.
We'll be back to the track soon.
Take care, and enjoy each day,
Marty

So THAT'S where that big red and black scuff mark came from! Glad Marty is doing well. And thanks Mike for getting this to us.

Late..............Mitch

Marty,

Our seat in the media center was just to the left of the right wall, so I had way too good a look at the crash - and was chastised for my exclamation when I realized you were unable to steer the car away from the wall. You hit it about as hard as I've seen anyone sideswipe the wall and am glad to hear that your injuries were no worse than they were.

Get well soon, both you and your car. Division 3 isn't the same without you out there.

- Larry

Get Well Soon Marty!! Take care of yourself. Didn't know you were injured. I was really looking forward to seeing a pair of blown cars in the final.

I had way too good a look at the crash - and was chastised for my exclamation when I realized you were unable to steer the car away from the wall. You hit it about as hard as I've seen anyone sideswipe the wall

Did you say something that might have incurred a multi-million dollar FCC fine if it had occurred on a live broadcast television production? :rolleyes: :eek:

Doesn't sound like you, Marty, can get the car to Indy Div 3 race. Hope you can physically make it to kick tires!
Lee
Nitroclovers

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back