More Percolation Problems At Norwalk? (1 Viewer)

I guess they are going to repave from the 1/8th mile down.

A lot of work to be done in a short time with zero margin for error. Removing 1 1/2" of asphalt and replacing it (and getting the transition right) is one thing.
Installing drainage is another issue - civil engineering on the fly is usually not a good idea. I really hope this works, but I wouldn't want to be the guy NHRA sends down the track to test it.

It can be done, I just dont know how good it will turn out. Hell, San Antonio did completely re-did the right lane the Fri night after qualifying at there IHRA national event 2 years ago. However, they decided to run the rest of the race 1/8th mile b/c the fuel cars were pulling chunks of it up.

Interesting article over at CompetitionPlus. Sorry computer ignorant, otherwise would post link.

Lee

National trail lost all appeal for me with rainouts and poor drainage and parking. Memphis is the only track that i have been to that hosted a national event that i thought was worse than national trail. memphis was BAD. it rained the year i was there on friday. The harley display bikes had water up to the pipes.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back