"Zippy" Zips... (1 Viewer)

If this is true, then good for Zippy & good luck to him. I don't doubt that if he has the desire, he could do it. The only questionable thing, when comparing him to Ashley, Robert & Eric, is that those three acquired consiiderable seat time before starting their rookie years in competition, especially Ashley. How will Zip get up to speed by Pomona?

Unfortunately that list of online donors is not complete. I've donated and I'm not on there so please don't make conclusions based on incomplete information. What are you, a journalist or something?
I don't believe that on-line list is complete either... :confused:
John Panuzzo put up a wager, and I won... He donated to DRAW, and I matched him, because I thought that was fair and the right thing to do, sense I cheated anyway... :) But John donates regularly, and I always send my 20 or 25 when I get my DRAW package... So something ain't right with that list...

Now- What was the bet again??

Rathman has never yanked my chain once... :eek:
So I'll have to believe it... As hard as it is to do... Whatever!! :D

If this is true, then good for Zippy & good luck to him. I don't doubt that if he has the desire, he could do it. The only questionable thing, when comparing him to Ashley, Robert & Eric, is that those three acquired consiiderable seat time before starting their rookie years in competition, especially Ashley. How will Zip get up to speed by Pomona?

It will be interesting to see if he undergoes the same scrutiny as Ashley has by some members of this board.

i would be willing to bet that if and when the oakley car is eleminated from the countdown, zippy will leave right away to begin his "training"

Bobby's got the lowdown on his site. Just checked it out. It is a done deal. From Schu's own mouth.

Late.................Mitch

Well . . . that would explain why "its true"! Aren't you one of the guys who told me not to waste my money by betting that the current TF points leader would be racing this year?
Let's try this again - this ain't gonna happen.
Force would have to be an idiot to put a driver with not one round of competitive experience in a fuel car, even if that person brought enough money to run the car for a full season.
Place your bets! If I'm wrong, I'll donate $100 to DRAW for EACH of you who bets and gets this right! Of couse, if I'm right, each loser will donate $100 to DRAW. Any takers?

what was said was true! i siad the car does not have a sponsor for 07 and will only run if powers chooses to reach into his pocket and fund it which he is doing because of the points. if fuller did not have a shot at the title the great white shark would be parked.

i'll take your bet

I just read the article and "The Don" does not sound too pleased with the Zipster!

Oh well, we shall see what happens!

I'll go out on a limb and say that Seattle isn't Don's favorite place??

My memories of Shoe in Seattle:
A couple years back while Zippy and Scelzi are securely holding their first funny car win right in their hands heading into the final round with lane choice on a one-lane race track the conspiracy begins:

For some unforeseen reason, Zippy supposedly takes the crap lane, falters miserably and their points-chasing team car surprisingly gets the win while on screen interviews insist that the choice was there for Mike & Gary to openly choose whichever lane they wanted? Rumors quickly spread about drag racing's favorite sponsor's being quite disappointed in this little maneuver. Given free reigns to tune the car and choose his lanes thereafter, Mike and Gary go on to win a championship. I'll bet he never will forget NOT getting his first win for the Oakley car. I'll never forget Zippy's or Don's face while being interviewed about the decision.

Fast forward a couple years. Mere conversation with the current boss as indicated in Bobby's column turns into the boss's belief of Zippy staying with the team despite no written contract. Seattle comes around and the announcement is made to upgrade employment to JRF and someone is surprised? I'm not.

I believe that Cory Lee had a pretty good, yet underfunded stint in a fuel car as a driver after many years of being a tuner here and there.

I just read the article and "The Don" does not sound too pleased with the Zipster!

Oh well, we shall see what happens!

I find it interesting that the news broke from the Schumacher camp and not the Force camp. Wonder if JF is p.o.'d about that. It steals his thunder a bit.

As a DSR fan I really hate to see this, I guess it's no different from the stick and ball athletes that jump ship through free agency. One good thing is that from the article on Comp plus it sounds like DSR will still have three cars next year. I'm kind of surprised because I thought Force would go after a more experienced driver to help bring some stability to that team. If it was me I would have tried to lure Dunn away from ESPN or go after Phil Burkart. At this point I'd like nothing more than to see DSR carry on stronger than ever next year.

Is it just me, or does silly season seem to start earlier and earlier every year? They haven’t even raced at Sonoma yet. :eek: :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back