"Zippy" Zips... (1 Viewer)

I'll believe it when it allegedly occurs........

Zippy seems a little too quiet and subdued to drive for Force. Has he driven before??

Jim Young where are you????
Is this not shades of our information coming true????

Oh, would this be awesome in my book!!!!

Zippy driving would be like Robert Hight's transition from crewman to driver except on Barry Bond's steroids! His knowledge would immediately translate to valuable driver information and this guy needs to be in the spotlight like a tuner could never be. This would be the best of all worlds as long as Jim Young and my theory also comes true in the package!

Zippy driving would be like Robert Hight's transition from crewman to driver except on Barry Bond's steroids! His knowledge would immediately translate to valuable driver information and this guy needs to be in the spotlight like a tuner could never be. This would be the best of all worlds as long as Jim Young and my theory also comes true in the package!

I am starting to believe your Oakley theory, but I still think Castrol would be foolish not to pony up the $$ for that ride.

its true....

I'm glad I wasn't the one to break this....whew! But yes...It is a done deal...It has been for 2 weeks...This is what John Force was eluding to when he said that they were bringing the 4th car back out...It was after they did this deal....

I have also heard that the sponsor on this car will be a surprise too....

Doc - finally home! Didn't have a chance to log on today - this is really strange! I'll also have to ask if Zip has ever driven a fuel car.
On to Oakley . . . original source has not retracted the story. Two other sources who are usually in the know are giving me the Schultz ("I know nothing, I hear nothing . . . ) - ;)
IF this Zippy thing is true, it could be the end of the DSR car, Mike in the other Castrol car and Ashley in the ? Silly Season in full swing, and I have nothing further to report. Guess we can amuse ourselves with wild speculation - :D

Although I think Oakley and DSR have another year left on their contract, here is a conspiracy theory (or you could call it my hairbrain, worthless, absolutely no idea theory..but hey, we can all overthink now and again!!!:D:eek:)

Zippy Neff takes over in the Castrol car currently driven by Ashley

Ashley drives fourth car sponsored by Oakley

DSR cuts back to 2 floppers.

Mike ”Zippy” Neff is leaving as tuner of the Schumacher Funny Car currently driven by Gary Scelzi at the end of this season to drive a funny car.

Well...I doubt that Force or Coil will want Neff's advice on tuning. He lost his combination immediately after Gary won the championship. That car has been nothing short of unpredictable and inconsistent for nearly two years. The other two DSR Funny Car crew chiefs are doing very well...

Very, interesting!
I'm with Doc on this one it would make my year if this happens! :D
Oakley at JFR and the old switcheroo makes good business sense.
DSR will be fine the 2 teams that would be left are still very potent teams...

This would be awesome if it happens. I have always liked Mike Neff, and he would be a great addition to the Force team.

I have to say that I hate that we're talking about this. As cool as Zippy is, I freaking miss Eric Medlen. :(

I'm with Bobby on this deal!! Putting a top notch crew chief into the drivers seat is a great idea. This should eliminate the driver not being able to explain a mechanical problem to the crew chief...... because the driver WAS A CREW CHIEF!!

This would be awesome if it happens. I have always liked Mike Neff, and he would be a great addition to the Force team.

I have to say that I hate that we're talking about this. As cool as Zippy is, I freaking miss Eric Medlen. :(

I hear you Jeremy I think everyone will agree with you but life does carry on and Eric's father is ready to compete again.
If John Medlen wasn't ready we wouldn't be having this discussion, as long as everyone remembers Eric he really isn't gone. :eek:

I'm going to stick around till the very end on Sunday and enjoy a ice cream in his memory at what Eric considered his home track!

This is a rather odd twist to how these things usually occur. While there are successful drivers who have moved from the drivers seat to calling the shots on the tuning side, I don't know of an example of the reverse happening. Has there been a successful pro crew chief that decided to, or was hired to, drive in a pro category?

When Force announced Eric Medlen as a driver everyone thought he was nuts.

When Force announced Robert Hight as a driver everyone thought he was nuts.

When Force announced Ashley was going pro, everyone thought he was nuts.

So far, 2 1/2 for 3 and I am sure Ashley will work out just fine. So basically 3 for 3 with people who have never driven an aa/fc before. Pretty crazy if you think about it. It really just shows how good JFR really is. So if this is true, then I say Good Luck Zippy!

if he does get the ride, there gonna have to work on his interviews because he makes doug Kalitta look like robin williams :D

Zippy made a blast a year or 2 ago in garys car in i think chicago

Well . . . that would explain why "its true"! Aren't you one of the guys who told me not to waste my money by betting that the current TF points leader would be racing this year?
Let's try this again - this ain't gonna happen.
Force would have to be an idiot to put a driver with not one round of competitive experience in a fuel car, even if that person brought enough money to run the car for a full season.
Place your bets! If I'm wrong, I'll donate $100 to DRAW for EACH of you who bets and gets this right! Of couse, if I'm right, each loser will donate $100 to DRAW. Any takers?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back