zippy...you done good buddy! (1 Viewer)

Tim5636sc

Nitro Member
I'm gonna be the 1st to say it, I have to say I was VERY impressed with Mike Neff's Driving this weekend In las vegas. He kept that car in the middle of the groove all weekend long, and in 1st round, had a big "BOOMER" and did great in getting the bottles on and car stopped safely!!!

KUDOS TO ZIPPY NEFF!!! you really impressed me! ;)

Timmah!

Yup... Went down the track every run except for that one. He did a great job. The Engine sure went kaboom. :eek: I hope it didn't hurt that 2 hole injector too bad.

From another thread:
Mike Neff driving the 4th JFR Car...(Eric's Team) made two PERFECT SINGLE PASSES.... Let me repeat... TWO PERFECT PASSES, No dropped cylinders, No Tire Smoke, No Shake..RIGHT DOWN BROADWAY..*(OR THE STRIP IN THIS CASE!) I'm not really sure if they plan to run him side by side tomorrow. In my HUMBLE Opinion, I think he needs a few "TIRE SHAKE RUNS", or "DROPPING CYLINDER" Runs before he goes Next to another car. I'm hoping that JFR will do the "SAFE" thing and PULL his entry after qualifying and let another SEASONED Car into eliminations.
Tim,
It takes a really big man to admit when he was wrong. You are admitting you were wrong, right?

I agree with you that Zippy looked awesome this weekend. I was most amazed when his car went boom and he got to test his driving skills without any view out the window, take his first shot at the fire bottles, and experience his first preheated interior, he just jumped right out of the car and lifted the body to save parts. Everybody in the family room thought it looked just like Robert Hight in action. Zippy's ready for sure!

i talked to the zip and told him he looked good and did great job of backing/staging and his words "thanks, i have seen it done a few times"

Very impressive debut for Mike! Started with that first pass Fri afternoon, when he went right down Broadway. I haven`t had a chance to see the TV show yet, but he was pretty composed in his interview over the track P.A. after the boomer. I`m just glad to see him away from DSR.

From another thread:

Tim,
It takes a really big man to admit when he was wrong. You are admitting you were wrong, right?

I agree with you that Zippy looked awesome this weekend. I was most amazed when his car went boom and he got to test his driving skills without any view out the window, take his first shot at the fire bottles, and experience his first preheated interior, he just jumped right out of the car and lifted the body to save parts. Everybody in the family room thought it looked just like Robert Hight in action. Zippy's ready for sure!

It takes a bigger man to post his comments in Magenta!:rolleyes:

Yes, I will admit that I may have been "OVERCAUTIOUS" in regards to Zippy's entry to the pro ranks. Maybe because I've seen too many people make perfect runs in a car, then when something happens that they are not trained for, they don't know how to handle the situation, and then get hurt. I'm thinking because of Mike's disposition, his calm demeanor, and experience WATCHING one of the best drivers in Drag Racing history, Gary Scelzi, then having Scelzi verbalize to him about what happened on the run, has helped him learn the ropes better. However, What impressed me was how well he handled the "BOOMER". That's when I breathed a huge sigh of relief! :cool:

Mike did an awesome job this weekend. I am so glad to see him behind the wheel of a FC.

I guess all those people that thought he was only going to crew chief (including Don himself) have nothing to stand on.

Go get 'em Team Force!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back