"Zippy" Zips... (1 Viewer)

That bet is an absolute no-brainer... by the way, when is the last time any of you made a donation to DRAW?

I don't see very many of you on that current DRAW donations list.

Well...I doubt that Force or Coil will want Neff's advice on tuning. He lost his combination immediately after Gary won the championship. That car has been nothing short of unpredictable and inconsistent for nearly two years. The other two DSR Funny Car crew chiefs are doing very well...
Why would they want another championship contender like Zippy offering input? Maybe because they are currently behind him in the points with two of their lead cars as we type this? Maybe because they would like to look at the opportunity to retire without training someone from scratch to take their spots as two other beautiful sponsorship endorsement magnets grow out of their dragsters and enter the ranks?

Just poking fun at you John but he's way more valuable on their team as the guy waxing their trailer than competing against him? Think about it?

OK Jim, I'm in! I say Zippy moves over from the dark side next year and I'll put my money where the sun don't . . .

. . . oh, I mean where my mouth is. Whatever, I'm prepared to lose based upon Jerrod's confirmation.

Who's next?

I'm in too!!

I realize anything can change between now and the first race of next season but if the Winternationals were tomorrow I'd say Zippy would be driving a team Force car.

I have no inside info but Darr and Jerrod are confirming it so I gotta go with them. Every time Jerrod posts breaking news he's usually right!! And if I'm not mistaken, I think he's pretty close with the Oakley team so he probably has some good inside information. :)

I'll take the bet, not because of the rumor, but for the donation either way. Maybe we can raise some money.

This is a rather odd twist to how these things usually occur. While there are successful drivers who have moved from the drivers seat to calling the shots on the tuning side, I don't know of an example of the reverse happening. Has there been a successful pro crew chief that decided to, or was hired to, drive in a pro category?

Greg Anderson!

Man I hope this is true, that would be awesome! I really didnt like the idea of Bob Tasca driving the 4th car, nothing against Tasca at all, I just hate to see someone who can afford to run their own successful operation take a ride away from someone who cant. I think Zippy will liven up the class alittle more, I love the way he talks, it kills me, I laugh everytime because hes so monotone, I cant help but get a kick out of him.

Mr Schumacher I'm still available to drive Scelzi's car next year :)

Pretty surprising news if this is true. I never thought of Zippy as a driver but good for him.

That bet is an absolute no-brainer... by the way, when is the last time any of you made a donation to DRAW?

I don't see very many of you on that current DRAW donations list.
Unfortunately that list of online donors is not complete. I've donated and I'm not on there so please don't make conclusions based on incomplete information. What are you, a journalist or something?

(hoping Darr has a sense of humor)

:D

Well . . . that would explain why "its true"! Aren't you one of the guys who told me not to waste my money by betting that the current TF points leader would be racing this year?
Let's try this again - this ain't gonna happen.
Force would have to be an idiot to put a driver with not one round of competitive experience in a fuel car, even if that person brought enough money to run the car for a full season.
Place your bets! If I'm wrong, I'll donate $100 to DRAW for EACH of you who bets and gets this right! Of couse, if I'm right, each loser will donate $100 to DRAW. Any takers?

Hey Jim, then I suppose you KNEW who Eric Medlen and Robert Hight were before they got the ride huh? B/c no one else did other than they were crew guys with no driving experience. I'd say they worked out quite well.

Although I think Oakley and DSR have another year left on their contract, here is a conspiracy theory (or you could call it my hairbrain, worthless, absolutely no idea theory..but hey, we can all overthink now and again!!!:D:eek:)

Zippy Neff takes over in the Castrol car currently driven by Ashley

Ashley drives fourth car sponsored by Oakley

DSR cuts back to 2 floppers.

oakley could turn ashley force into a marketing giant....just my opinion

Last edited:

Just poking fun at you John but he's way more valuable on their team as the guy waxing their trailer than competing against him? Think about it?

Oh I agree he's talented...he did win a championship. Since then they've probably been the biggest dissappointment in the Funny Car class. I just meant that he does NOT bring the golden tune up with him. That tune up is in the Brut car...

oakley could turn ashley force into a marketing giant....just my opinion

Oakley would be wise to come on board as Ashley's sponsor. The marketing options are significantly more valuable with her as their spokesperson. That's a partnership that makes perfect sense.

Didn't Oakley just sell?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back