Zilla wins! (1 Viewer)

That is awesome to hear! Congrats to Doug and team! Doug was the only one to claw his way into the Countdown on the last day!

grats to doug! Who would have thought no Kalitta team would be in the countdown this year? I wouldn't have bet on it...

CJ Curtsinger

I think for the remainder of the season they are going to bounce back hard, and next year look out:D

Congrats to Doug and the team.:D

Everyone look out! Conrad will be throwing everything at the cars! I can imagine they will be ruining a few folks day from here on out! :D

Congrats the Herbert and his team, very consistent car all weekend. A couple 4.52's & couple of 4.56's. Great job!!!

Definitely congrats to DougZilla, he definitely earned that spot. A week ago not many would have thought that his team could have pulled it off, way to go guys.

Bummed For Ennis Mt. David G....

Congrats to Lincolnton NC Doug Herbert

Feel bad for Del, happy for Head....

It's good to see Doug win, this was well earned. It's kind of funny that he got this big win at the site of where he earned the nickname Dougzilla.

Last edited:
Too be honest, besides a bit of bad luck here and there Doug's ran pretty well this season, a couple of finals, some semi's etc. All he and the team need to do is keep the good luck coming, and they'll be a player in this 'countdown' Great now that I typed countdown I got that damn song in my head "It's the final countdownnnnn" I bet that is blasted all over the speakers in Pomona. :eek:

But anyway, a couple of 52's the snap on team were on it this weekend/week

This is a case where the #8 car can be a serious contender for the title. Not a bad time to have some momentum.

It's truly a shame one of these two guys had to be outside the "Countdown" since Grubby was so close and Dougzilla had been sneaking up ever so consistently. This is great news for Herbert's entire crew to get such a reward for their progress.

Here's some speculation for the masses: Maybe since Conrad and Herbert are friends, Zilla will now have the three most qualified blockers in the history of this sport working on his side. After last year's last pass, I can only imagine they would be most accommodating to anyone wanting to take out the previous year's champ. Shall we say there will be some swinging for the fence in the coming events? Maybe not.

It's truly a shame one of these two guys had to be outside the "Countdown" since Grubby was so close and Dougzilla had been sneaking up ever so consistently. This is great news for Herbert's entire crew to get such a reward for their progress.

Here's some speculation for the masses: Maybe since Conrad and Herbert are friends, Zilla will now have the three most qualified blockers in the history of this sport working on his side. After last year's last pass, I can only imagine they would be most accommodating to anyone wanting to take out the previous year's champ. Shall we say there will be some swinging for the fence in the coming events? Maybe not.

Not too sure that will work out since they do have diffrent sponsors!

This will be like "Survivor". All the alliances will be formed and let the games begin!!!

Slight correction, Doug ran a 4.562, we thought they said 4.52. Pretty consistent thought!

Little story that might give you a chuckle -

Our t-shirt gal Allison called her hubby who crews for Arend. She put him on speaker phone on her cell so everyone in the shop could hear his play by play. Just as he said "Doug just staged,"

HER PHONE CUT OUT!!!

It was worse than cutting to commercial just when they are about to announce the winner! It took several tries to get back through and Larry answered with "DOUG WON!!!"

I feel bad for the Kalitta crew, I am sure they will be spoiling some race in the coming weeks.

Needless to say, there's going to be a party in Lincolnton tonight!

Way to go Doug and the team! Good one for the Snap-On family!! WOO HOO!

What a looooooooong race. I just can't imagine sitting around that long. Man, we been thru some rain delays of our own over the years....but wow. That gets sooooo BORING. Always made me more tired than goin' rounds.

PS...since Tommy didn't make it in....I was really rooting for Del....but still happy for Jim. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back