Year Ago today... We lost Al Hoffman (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
Year Ago today... We lost Al Hofmann

Year Ago today... We lost Al Hofmann

Last edited:
Hard to believe its been a year already. Sucks just as bad today as a year ago. I miss seeing HOFMANN out there, mixing it up with Force and Cruz!!

My favorite driver of all time- obviously. (Hofmann - one f and two n's). His girlfriend Susie is still keeping his memory alive-

AL HOFMANN - FUNNY CAR DRAGRACING CHAMPION OFFICIAL SITE / TRIBUTE SITE - CHINA SYNDROME RESTORED, MEMORABILIA, PHOTOS, SLIDESHOW, VIDEO and more!

I recently stopped payment on my site (alhofmannracing.com) due to the implementation of a 2 year plan to pay off credit card debt. I have it backed up so maybe someday it will come back online.

The Hofmann name is still alive in the sport with his son Wayne running Top Dragster in the Northeast.

His family is still in our prayers, I've met alot of them, they are all the nicest bunch of people you'd ever meet.

I still have a collection of his stuff in my model room.

pic-1.jpg

I love it

I remember being absolutely floored when I first learned of Al's passing. :(

He was one of those people you figure was going to live forever.

There is a tribute video to him on youtube with "bad to the bone" playing, its perfect. His Western Auto funny car was my favorite looking funny car RIP Al

YouTube - "Atomic Al" Hofmann Tribute

Perfect opening... "This is an egg, this is John Force... Any questions?"

Mr. Charlet, it says you produced it... too smart grasshopper. nice job.
must be some other cat:) honestly Justin, when i made this vid, my only hope was that Wayne and his family and 'ATOMIC AL's' many fans would appreciate his life. I did not expect it to make the impact that apparently it has on some. I have received some great, heart felt stories about 'ol Hof' and it humbles me to think that just some editing, good pictures and a great song could do that.

We miss ya Al!

I never met him but he sounded like a racers racer an helluva guy, played a great rivalry to force there for awhile

We anyone mentions the term "a racer's racer" a few people come to mind and Al is definitely one of them. He's was my favorite funny car driver back in the day. His Western Auto cars were some of my favs aswell.

We will always miss you Boss. Thanks for all the opportunity and the memories.

Was thinking about it all and had a drink for you today.

Last edited:
My favorite driver of all time- obviously. (Hofmann - one f and two n's). His girlfriend Susie is still keeping his memory alive-

AL HOFMANN - FUNNY CAR DRAGRACING CHAMPION OFFICIAL SITE / TRIBUTE SITE - CHINA SYNDROME RESTORED, MEMORABILIA, PHOTOS, SLIDESHOW, VIDEO and more!

I recently stopped payment on my site (alhofmannracing.com) due to the implementation of a 2 year plan to pay off credit card debt. I have it backed up so maybe someday it will come back online.

The Hofmann name is still alive in the sport with his son Wayne running Top Dragster in the Northeast.

His family is still in our prayers, I've met alot of them, they are all the nicest bunch of people you'd ever meet.

I still have a collection of his stuff in my model room.

pic-1.jpg

I love it

When did Al Break up with Helen?

I had the privilege of meeting and chatting with Al. Truly a nice guy. I'll always miss seeing him doing battle on the quarter mile.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back