Yas Marina Announced/TJ and Hot Rod Back (2 Viewers)

Jeff,

While I'm all for giving people opportunities to drive, couldn't there have been a better option than Fuller? I don't know why DSR would want him over other people? What does he bring to the table? I just don't get it...

I think alot of people are thinking the same thing.There are any number of better choices other than Fuller.

Obviously if Shoe is overseeing this deal, he must have a good reason to have picked Rod along with TJ. Seems like Don has a pretty good track record with picking people. I think everyone gives Rod too hard of a time. He lives and breathes the sport, and his interviews are uncanned. Everyone has drivers who are sidelined that they believe "deserve" to get any ride that becomes available, in this case I'm happy for TJ and Rod. In this sport, there will ALWAYS be more available drivers than vacant seats.

According to DRO Brady Kalivoda was suppose to be the second driver. He and Beard thought it was him until a few minutes before the announcement. It also says Fuller will be a driving instructor at the track and will relocate his residence to Abu Dai. Interesting.

Geez..I wish I was in the know. A decision was made and all we do is speculate why?

Maybe Shoe will chime in and give his 2 million..other than that..who the hell is anybody here to question his decision. Cracks me up.

I hope they have fun over there and it escalates to something substantial for this side of the pond.

WOW!! Is calling Rod a "monkey" really necessary? I think a BIG congrats is in order. Timmah showing his true maturity:mad:

yup...that's very true. That's why I lead with Brady's name on the list of guys who I wanted to see get the ride earlier in this thread.

Sad...Sad...Sad

Yes, so sad Tim :rolleyes: Ask Bill Miller about Brady.... "lalalalalalala"

I agree with you on one thing, there are a lot of good drivers out there, I don't have enough fingers to count them all. Obviously Don picked Rod for a good reason (Hey I'm not the biggest Hot Rod fan either) In saying that, I don't hate him, and yes he is a very good driver.

Just chill out a bit man. You seem to be snapping at a lot of people lately and coming across as like this 'Authority Figure' Anyway, Your last article on the Complus was a real good story, one you can read a few times over. Just chill out a little :)

Mike

Yes, so sad Tim :rolleyes: Ask Bill Miller about Brady.... "lalalalalalala"

I agree with you on one thing, there are a lot of good drivers out there, I don't have enough fingers to count them all. Obviously Don picked Rod for a good reason (Hey I'm not the biggest Hot Rod fan either) In saying that, I don't hate him, and yes he is a very good driver.

Just chill out a bit man. You seem to be snapping at a lot of people lately and coming across as like this 'Authority Figure' Anyway, Your last article on the Complus was a real good story, one you can read a few times over. Just chill out a little :)

Mike

fair enough Mike. And thanks for the nice remarks about the column.

fair enough Sweeney.

I have removed my posts from this thread which expressed my opinion since it seems opinions are not permitted in the world of drag racing any longer.

enjoy the crickets....

Just because some don't agree doesn't mean they are not valid opinions. I largely disagree but am interested in that different perspective. If there is reasoned logic behind it any opinion is valid!!

they should put the mono rear wings on the yas fuelers.
they could come to states and run at nats. - the noobs would think
the mono technology was of foreign origin. :p

seriously - if there's any further development to be done with the mono wing,
why not have at least rod run it as he has experimented with it in past;
with beard too wasn't it? / valvoline fueler in pre-season testing a few
years back?

Just because some don't agree doesn't mean they are not valid opinions. I largely disagree but am interested in that different perspective. If there is reasoned logic behind it any opinion is valid!!

I appreciate that Jay.

I'd like to apologize for my openess and harsh remarks posted on this site recently in regards to this decision and other news items which have been posted recently.

Under normal circumstances an opinion, especially on supported throught reasoned logic and evidence is justifed and provides discussion on the issues our sport faces. However, with the business and career I am attempting to break into, it is crucial for me to be 'the guy behind the scenes' and help provide my employers with a professional public relations and marketing representive. Although my current clients agree with the style and format in which I express my opinions, doing so could provide opportunities from not happening for both them, CRX Promotions and myself.

There is also the fact Bobby and the staff at Comp plus have invested countless hours in helping me achieve my goals. I apologize to Bobby and Attitude's Competitionplus.com if I have crossed any line.

Drag racing is a sport of passion. It's what drives me and is where I would love to make my living. In order to do so however, it will take some discression on my part to keep those opinions under wraps. Bobby gives me a great outlet in which to express my opinion in a monthly column at Attitude's Competitionplus.com.

I'll simply place my 'passion' with this avenue.

Once again, I apologize if I have crossed a line.

Kindest Regards,

Tim Charlet

For what it's worth, I never found any of your posts offensive in the least, Tim. I also wish the folks in Glendora had half your passion for the drag racing. My two cents...

Oh, almost forgot..

Welcome back, TJ!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back