Yas Marina Drag Racing Centre Opens (1 Viewer)

Way cool. I wonder if that is some sort of bullet proof glass to stop the rocks from burnouts?

Did you notice the ticket prices? $13 for general admission, with a max of 2 kids under 12 admitted free. Fancy tickets with access to the air conditioned suites is $96, ea day. Pretty wild looking place. Looks like it's right by a bay or ocean.

Rod has been there about a week and a half.

There are slips for patrons' yachts very close to the track.

I have a Friend that is a school teacher that just moved out there to teach English. The govt there paid to relocate him and pay his rent (or subsidize it). He says the average income is very hight and so the cost of living is high as well. Sounds like there are a lot of Americans there, says it is more progressive (socially) than he thought it would be. May have to visit him and check out the track.

I've just come back from Abu Dhabi and spent a week at the Yas Marina Circuit - it is an awesome facility. I can't wait to go back...

Check out Tommy Johnsons facebook page. He took some nice pics and the track looks great. He said there are posters and billboards everywhere for the event.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back