Rod Fuller Returns in Sonoma (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if my math is correct that'd be 5 DSR teams...if TJ's Yas car was running in NHRA. With Fuller and DSR Team Manager Lee Beard calling the shots, that makes 4 DSR teams.

- Antron
- Cory
- Tony
- Hot Dog

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally SOMEONE in T/F I can Root AGAINST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is the expense to ship car/hauler incurred? or is a USA based digger
wrapped for these races?

Last edited:
Kinda short, thinks he's a 'Lady's Man', full of himself....d'kid

As far as his physical height, there's not much he, or you, can do about that. Is there? So why even bring that up? When he's in his car, he's as big as anyone.
To your second point, if you knew Rod, you'd know there's no "thinking" about it. Jealousy on your part, perhaps?
Your third point is another "so what?" There's not a single fuel driver out there who doesn't have an ego. You need one in order to successfully drive at the top levels of drag racing.
Rod goes out of his way to accomodate anyone seeking an autograph. He really takes care of the kids who come to his pits.

Ted...

That was a 'dig' at Sam, more than Rod. And Yes, I am glad that Fuller will be back out there Racing.

d'kid
and I could say the same things about myself, except the kinda short part:D

I think it will be great to have Hot Rod back at the track. One question though, where does Yas Marina fall in the "Dark Side" map? :D

I have never been a huge Rod Fuller fan just based on the vibe he gave off on what I saw of him on TV.

HOWEVER, a very good friend of mine from Australia who visits the US annually and always takes in a race or two bumped into Rod at one of the driver appearances and he was absolutely the nicest guy you could ask for.

He spent a lot of time talking to my friends two young sons and invited them to stop by his pit at the races the next day. Upon stopping by his pit he immediately recognized the boys and called out to them by name and invited them in and gave them a tour of his pit and of the trailer. He spent another 10-15 minutes talking to them before they continued to walk around the pits.

Just remember that everyone aren't always as they appear and appearances can be manipulated by what is and isn't shown, and to judge someone based on their height is to be about as shallow as someone can be.

is the expense to ship car/hauler incurred? or is a USA based digger
wrapped for these races?

maybe just set the car on top of an oil tanker bound for san fran. port?
maybe even the refinery on bay next to infineon :rolleyes:
(kinda' like the old bud/bernstein commercial on aircraft carrier)

There was a Yas Marina car in the DSR lobby when we were in Indy for the 500 - looked like a complete car. Didn't see a transporter, but it could have been out back. Shop was pretty full, as the PSB operation was still active at that time. It would seem to be easier to wrap an existing car than to ship the entire operation over for a few races. Believe me, there is plenty of iron in that building.

I'm starting to think no one on the 'mater has a sense of humor anymore. Think it's kinda like me saying that Alan R. is one of the few people I really Look Up To.

d'kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back