Rod Fuller Returns in Sonoma (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a Yas Marina car in the DSR lobby when we were in Indy for the 500 - looked like a complete car. Didn't see a transporter, but it could have been out back. Shop was pretty full, as the PSB operation was still active at that time. It would seem to be easier to wrap an existing car than to ship the entire operation over for a few races. Believe me, there is plenty of iron in that building.

I work with Rod at Yas Marina Circuit and we've been really lucky to have him join our team. Comparing some of the comments I see here to the humble, friendly guy who's made friends throughout our operation, it seems like two different people. Rod joined an F1 operation with barely any appreciation of drag racing or what he's done and turned us (and abu Dhabi) into drag racing fans, he's also taken the time to get to know almost everyone in a 150+ person team. Some might say that his efforts have been a little biased towards the ladies, but I couldn't produce a scientific study...

As far as the cars are concerned, the car in the US now was in our workshops two months ago, we shipped it back for the races. I don't know if the transporter (we got two of those rigs too) still has Abu Dhabi plates on it, but take a look.

Bummer about Sunday though :(

Niall,

thank you for your comments regarding rod and the YAS operation.
F1 is spectacular.........would be great to see story/article
outlining the entire YAS operation inclusive of F1 and drag operations.

please comment more - you have a unique perspective
within the YAS operation.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think no one on the 'mater has a sense of humor anymore.

d'kid

I think you are right Karl..........I made a "Dark Side" joke and never even got a whiff......................wait, this just in; I've just been informed that it wasn't that funny!!!! :D

He did seem to think he was way too cool to accept the traditional pre-race handshake from a certain "nobody T/F pilot" on Sunday morning.:confused:

He did seem to think he was way too cool to accept the traditional pre-race handshake from a certain "nobody T/F pilot" on Sunday morning.:confused:

I thought it was OK to not shake hands before the race, but if you didn't shake hands at the top end after the race, then you were a D-bag? Seems kinda weird to me to shake hands before and after the race, especially if the drivers don't really know each other. Standard disclaimer: I am not judging anyone by this post, I am just asking for my own informational purposes because I really don't know the handshake protocol.

EDIT: this was my 2,001st post. I shall choose to call it "2,001 posts: A Mater Odyssey".

Last edited:
so last night's show they interview rod; thinking he might provide some insight
about UAE, Abu Dahbi and YAS Marina..........rod then proceeds to tell us
they didn't know about him or drag racing over there, and he's educating them..
.......well no sh*t rod, please tell us something we don't know.
your car is sponsored here in states by abu dahbi tourism, why don't you say
something to entice americans to travel there - or tell us about F1 and the
drop-dead gorgeous race circuit there.
.......IMO rod dropped the ball with those few precious moments he was given
on national tv.

so last night's show they interview rod; thinking he might provide some insight
about UAE, Abu Dahbi and YAS Marina..........rod then proceeds to tell us
they didn't know about him or drag racing over there, and he's educating them..
.......well no sh*t rod, please tell us something we don't know.
your car is sponsored here in states by abu dahbi tourism, why don't you say
something to entice americans to travel there - or tell us about F1 and the
drop-dead gorgeous race circuit there.
.......IMO rod dropped the ball with those few precious moments he was given
on national tv.

Wow. That's the first time I've ever heard somebody complain that a driver didn't talk long enough about his sponsor. :rolleyes:

Man you guys are rough on Rod. I've stood next to Tony Shoe, and he's no giant, which means nothing, (neither am I). But nobody busts on him. Just sayin'...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back