Yas Marina Announced/TJ and Hot Rod Back (1 Viewer)

Interesting stuff. Great to see both these top notch drivers atleast back in a nitro ride. I must say though, I am surprised to see Hot Rod associated with DSR, as I thought him and Bob V would come up with something for '10 together.

Any chance the Sheik could sponsor a few of us to go watch the race? Kinda pricey to fly over for the race. But as a sponsored fan I could make it. :D

Geez...do they get to go the full 1320 over there ?.....got one hell of a sand trap at the end of that track if they clear out the camels ! hehehe

HIS..... haha

So, the Circus Monkey is driving for the team his "LIFETIME RIVAL" the "sarge" is with?? Hmmmm gotta love those hardcore, die-hard rivalry feelings he's been selling to everyone for the past few years.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Uh, it's either that or continue to be on the sidelines. What would you do?

At least there's going to be a whole ocean between them. :D

tony, antron, t.j and shorty all in top fuel for dsr, wow. guess thyeres no sponsorship or $$ problems in that camp. and 3 funny cars .

tony, antron, t.j and shorty all in top fuel for dsr, wow. guess thyeres no sponsorship or $$ problems in that camp. and 3 funny cars .

it didn't take long before an idiot entered the thread did it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Look at who's funding TJ's and Rod's rides... Some people didn't learn to read did they. Just move along to your 'little' Force camp. Jealously is a mofo Jeff.

HIS..... haha

So, the Circus Monkey is driving for the team his "LIFETIME RIVAL" the "sarge" is with?? Hmmmm gotta love those hardcore, die-hard rivalry feelings he's been selling to everyone for the past few years.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ESPN2 pushed the rivalry deal, not Rod, and acted like there was bad blood between the two when there was none. It made for better TV.
There's no Garlits vs Muldowney, Glidden vs WJ, or Snake vs Mongoose rivalries in the sport anymore. It's become too sanitized. Rod was just trying to keep things lively and make people want to watch top fuel, and have some fun at the same time. And, judging by the crowd's response when Rod did beat Tony, the people loved it.

DSA_2274.jpg

So who was it who TRIED TO CREATE A RIVALRY Ted.... Rod or ESPN? Based off this pic.... I'd say it was the guy in the middle...... I'm just sayin...

I said Rod was trying to inject a little spice into the mix. ESPN2 took the bait and ran with it.
In this new venture Rod works directly for YAS Marina Circuit. DSR is their partner to supply equipment, parts, technology and the crew. Rod was chosen because he has proven himself as a championship caliber driver.
And, yes, he still wants to beat Tony every time they race.

deep long sigh...

We keep squeezing the drag racing turnip and not a drop of blood to be found.

Mark

I don't think it is a big deal what Rod is doing. I am not a Rod fan per se, but is he supposed to turn down a shot to go half around the world and race on someone else's dime, while picking up a few races here just because the cars were built in DSR's fab shop and the baseline setup is coming from DSR? That would not be very smart IMO ...

starting to wonder if the next year's 'off season' could produce a big money
race and/or small series during months of nov./dec.?

sure could see a kalitta car/crew/team rolling out of 747 at some point
in future?

Jeff,

While I'm all for giving people opportunities to drive, couldn't there have been a better option than Fuller? I don't know why DSR would want him over other people? What does he bring to the table? I just don't get it...

tell me CAT doesn't have a few pieces of equipment over there?
wonder if they are or will be involved?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back