Who's going to Bristol? (1 Viewer)

ROCKY

Nitro Member
Any Maters going to Bristol? I have fond memories of watching Shirl Greer, Dale Pulde, Tommy Ivo and all the great ones there in the 70's or early 80's. It was also fun to watch the drunks roll down the hill and try to climb back up during the oil downs. This will be my wife's first drag race.

i'll be there , just listen for the music after the pros are done fri /sat . reinhart we got something special for you , they dont call it thunder valley for nothing

Murdock will be there Thursday-Sunday, Medallion camping area and the Thunder Valley Club. Will be there Wednesday if you are counting the Bandit Run Trans Am gathering at the speedway.

Murdock.

After the Sat. night NASCAR race we have to do an appearance in Bristol...so, I'll be there

I went the last 2 years to Bristol and I love the area and the track, but I won't be able to go this year.

Hey Mater's...pretty weak response so far to this thread. I know Ron Dunlap is a given as he lives there, but what about all the rest of you Mid-Atlantic Maters? I wish I could make it, and believe it or not, I'll be in Charlotte this weekend for a family reunion, but can't stretch the long weekend into a week in the Carolina's for the race. I am hoping to come back to Charlotte in Sept. for the inauguaral race at the new Charlotte track so that is on my radar for now. Everyone have fun, and hope ya'll have a great pig-out at Shirley's and of course a great time at Thunder Valley Dragway!

With three kids going in 40 directions , I 'm iffy right now ..All I can say ...if you have nevr been to THUNDER VALLEY U S A ..you don't know what you are missing .....

With three kids going in 40 directions , I 'm iffy right now ..All I can say ...if you have nevr been to THUNDER VALLEY U S A ..you don't know what you are missing .....
Wait a minute, you actually might not make it!? That time the wife and I went in `06 was a great trip, something I`ll never forget. We`ll get back there in the next couple years, in the meantime it`s Topeka in three weeks (keep the comments to yourself, Wright:D).

We'll be there Thursday night thru Sunday night. Anyone here remember the "quarter-mile dash for a whole lotta cash"?

I heard there is a lot of road construction near the track and expect delays.

Hey every one. . . Been awhile since i posted but I live in Bristol. . . dont worry bout construction its just sidewalks in front of the track (wont be an issue). . been lots of cars testing the last two days. . heard lots of pro stock and seen DC"s hauler. Heard a couple fuel cars. .Later Travo

Also Visit SneadRacing.com - Home

Ok cool,hope there is no delay. Some1 at Bristol Dragway said it may be a problem?

My 12 year old son and I will be there all 3 days. On Saturday I will have 14 Boy Scouts with us, and 12 of them have never seen a drag race much less NITRO. Can wait.

Hey Chris ....

Too Funny ...:) As A matter of fact , I just got off the telephine with my brother-in-law ..may make Friday after all ...;), Sorry you can't make it , enjoy Topeka .....Calling Murdock ...where are you ???

I've really wanted to experience Bristol, but the weather's jacked almost every year! Plus the airfares anywhere around Knoxville are ridiculous! Maybe I'll get lucky sometime and steal a reasonable fare.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back