Who's going to Bristol? (1 Viewer)

Re: Hey Chris ....

Too Funny ...:) As A matter of fact , I just got off the telephine with my brother-in-law ..may make Friday after all ...;), Sorry you can't make it , enjoy Topeka .....Calling Murdock ...where are you ???

I was just devastated when I read your post that you may not be there.:(

But now there is hope!! (Check the fifth post in this thread.) I'll all on it, Hammer. I may be the first one at the track! I'll keep an eye out for your post that says you will definately be there.

Murdock.

Murdock to the staging area...

:D

I saw your earlier post , sounds like you will be there for the long haul ..I'll keep you posted on my progress..If the boss will let me go ...:cool:

I've really wanted to experience Bristol, but the weather's jacked almost every year! Plus the airfares anywhere around Knoxville are ridiculous! Maybe I'll get lucky sometime and steal a reasonable fare.
Just fly in and out of Nashville, Joe. Beautiful 5 hour drive! :rolleyes:

Re: Murdock to the staging area...

:D

I saw your earlier post , sounds like you will be there for the long haul ..I'll keep you posted on my progress..If the boss will let me go ...:cool:

I'll talk to CW and see if he'll let you go.:eek::D

Oh, that's right, I need to clear it with him so I can go!!

Murdock.

We'll be there all 3 days, hope to meet some of you maters! Is there a meeting time and place?

I will be there Sunday and will be easy to spot. After the first nitro car whacks the throttle just look for a guy standing with a woman with wet pants. My wife is a nitro virgin. She ask me yesterday if I thought she would need ear plugs then wondered why I was smiling.

From Johnson City is the best way 11E to 394 then 394 to the track?

Yeah probably. There is free parking over there if its open (White Top Rd-right hand side of 394). but not sure what vehichle passes can get in that gate. If your coming from JC and stay on 11E you will get to the track entrance right when the 2 lanes start. (think its the south gate to speedway). YES there is a bridge out right in front of the speedways main entrance. NO I personaly dont think it will be a problem. I drive through this everyday, and they will have a lot of it cleaned up by thursday.

Travo

I've really wanted to experience Bristol, but the weather's jacked almost every year! Plus the airfares anywhere around Knoxville are ridiculous! Maybe I'll get lucky sometime and steal a reasonable fare.

Hey Joe,

You won't regret attending this event someday. The weather was ALWAYS bad in late April when they used to hold this race, but now that it has been moved up (actually moved forward?) 3 weeks into the latter half of May, the weather should be much better...although rain is always possible anywhere and anytime in the East. It's not like the Southwest where you get 7-10" of rain for an entire year. Our friends in the North Carolina mountains which are only 50 miles from Bristol have always told us that April was a bad month to visit the area as the weather can still be freezing or at least quite cold and possibly rainy....and they WERE right! My vacation to the North Carolina mountains and the Bristol race were washed out in 2005 due to rain on Friday and Saturday and we had to leave for home on Sunday or I could have stayed and watched what turned out to be a pretty good race. Hope this years race is stellar. The weather in Charlotte this past weekend was great most of the weekend although it was rainy on Sunday morning. Temps were cool and a nice reprieve from the heat of Florida.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back